Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace v Manchester United - what do you want?

What result do you want?

• MAN UTD win

Votes: 126 72.4%
  • DRAW

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • PALACE win

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Absolutely. Proper football songs and atmosphere from utd, a bit of sha la la bang bang bang from the wannabe lot. Pathetic
Barely an empty seat at Selhurst in injury time. The Amex would have about 18k empty seats if we were 0-1 down like they were. We really aren’t in any position to slate Palace’s support on any level.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
I suppose when I talk to any Palace fans it feels like I have more in common with them than it does when I talk to Sussex-born and bred armchair fans of Man Utd.

True, I know some massive bell-ends who support Palace too. One of the key objectives in any season has to be finishing above them and beating them home and away if possible.

But honestly, I think I have more disdain for people who support a big club, many miles from where they live and with which they have no family connection, just because there's a tradition of silverware and they're on TV a lot.

So tonight ... I'm not sure I care either way really. Any home defeat for Palace amuses me. But I also like seeing big six clubs losing against lesser teams. Not sure I can be bothererd to watch so I'll check the score on Ceefax later.
Barely an empty seat at Selhurst in injury time. The Amex would have about 18k empty seats if we were 0-1 down like they were. We really aren’t in any position to slate Palace’s support on any level.
Plus we’re about 50 miles away from them, don’t share the same schools, Sunday League cubs or pubs etc, and anyone who can remember a few knobheads chasing a few other knobeads around Hoce park back in the 70’s, on a Boxing Day, must be at least 65 years old and should surely have grown out of the rivalry by now?

Is anyone really in a position to slate Palace here? Or are we just a tad too cut off from all the other clubs to realise what a bunch of hillbillies we and Palace look pretending to hate a club they never cross paths with apart from 2 football matches a year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like a typical Brighton fan I left (turned over) as soon as Palace went a goal down as I thought it was all over :smile:

Was pleased to see that both teams only got a point when I logged on this morning

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
No honestly I thought they were appalling - Utd weren’t much better. The comms took that line of them battling but I didn’t see it - Rashford was terrible. Form goes out the window in our games but no doubt we are a lot, lot better than them as a team and how we’re run. Look how high up the net spend table the other day that was posted they are. They have very few assets.
How can we ever compete with you sheebo.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeh they’ve been calling for him to start for ages - saw loads of tweets
Ok, so they've been hoping he was the answer to their problems, rather than claiming he's the new Jonniesta.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

The location of our ground means its more difficult for large numbers of fans to get away from in good time, so some leave early. Most don't though. And Palace had thousands of empty seats in their ground until they got to the PL so they're absolutely a fair target.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Oh I think we're are! Wouldn't mention it if it wasn't for the constant attempts to pretend it's something it's not.

Reality is their support is fickle, very fickle, with a bunch of goons that want to be noticed. Woah woah

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The location of our ground means its more difficult for large numbers of fans to get away from in good time, so some leave early. Most don't though. And Palace had thousands of empty seats in their ground until they got to the PL so they're absolutely a fair target.
Absolutely, half the ground left at half time in championship against Birmingham I think

Some folk seem to think the wannabe ultras with their uniforms and artwork are something to be admired. I find that a really very weird concept.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Plus we’re about 50 miles away from them, don’t share the same schools, Sunday League cubs or pubs etc, and anyone who can remember a few knobheads chasing a few other knobeads around Hoce park back in the 70’s, on a Boxing Day, must be at least 65 years old and should surely have grown out of the rivalry by now?

Is anyone really in a position to slate Palace here? Or are we just a tad too cut off from all the other clubs to realise what a bunch of hillbillies we and Palace look pretending to hate a club they never cross paths with apart from 2 football matches a year.

I agree with most of what you say, but here in north West Sussex there are plenty of palace and Brighton fans that mingle day to day….we all seem to get along as well :)

As you say the “ fake hatred” which was about two managers and not clubs does seem a bit silly too all but a few wannabe football hoolies who follow the two clubs.

I myself like Brighton and spend many a night in the Prince Albert and a few in the Cowley club and my son lives in Hove ( actually ) and when younger my sister went to Ovendean school.

Anyway I think any fan celebrates a last minute corker to draw against united like it’s a winner it certainly felt like one.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Watched the game and was surprised at the lack of quality, much of the time, from both sides. But fair play to Palace, they are a team that keeps going and I wasn't that surprised they found a way to equalise (even if I was surprised at the quality of that free kick). It was quite a good game to watch as a neutral.

Looking at the bigger picture, if Brighton keep playing like they are doing, and the others play like this, a top four slot genuinely wouldn't flatter us. Not saying it's likely, because there are so many variables, but we do look at that kind of level at the moment.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think your maths is a little out. I remember those days well and have only just hit 60. I was never involved in any of the shenanigans, but enjoyed the atmosphere of the games against them when younger and still feel the tension and passion it brings. I’m glad the “street dancing” is largely gone now, though.

I worked in Croydon for many years and have worked alongside Palace fans most of my working life and feel like many others that they are very much like us - football fans supporting their local team. We’ve waited a long time to be consistently better than them, so I’m not giving up the rivalry now we have that chance!

Anyway, I cheered the Palace equaliser last night. I’d have cheered a second for United just as loudly, though, as I had a matched bet on 0-1 and didn’t want all my bank being drained from the exchange!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a poor game that was last night. Palace just dismal in open play yet again having to rely on a set piece to prevent United getting three undeserved points. So many misplaced passes from both sides, possession continually conceded cheaply it was a terrible advert for the Premier League.

I cannot imagine Arsenal losing too much sleep over their opponent for this weekend. I expected more from Palace, they did have a second half flurry but the quality was poor. Olise's free kick was the diamond in the coal mine, it was a beautiful goal and one that the game did not really deserve.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I don't think the Selhurst pitch helps in the quality of football played there. It looked bone hard and bobbly (frozen ?) and will not be suited to our style of play when we rock up in February to be kicked from pillar to post.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

Oh don't go spoiling all the fun... I've spent 40 years of my life with Palace as the pantomime villains; I'm not going to change just because some JCL thinks he's Nelson Mandela...

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Oh don't go spoiling all the fun... I've spent 40 years of my life with Palace as the pantomime villains; I'm not going to change just because some JCL thinks he's Nelson Mandela...
I don’t think I’m Nelson Mandela, I know I am!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not having that FFS. It's not us who see gates slump by about a third when we get relegated The Nigel's have form for this. They turn their backs on their club the minute things get difficult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here