Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Ultras

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Got to admit that I was a bit embarrassed by the 'happy clappy' stuff at first. I'm old and grizzled of course.

But, the general atmosphere in the gorund has improved massively. Part of that was the unifying impact of administration and the disappearance of Simon.

Good luck to them - they're basically kids but making a bit of difference. They might be in for a shock when 5k Millwall rock up next month.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Excellent piece and I found it hard to argue with any of it - except perhaps the bit about 'running Brighton up and down the south coast'!

Exactly - history suggests a very different story on this but let them blab bullshit stories to the younger chavs.

As for the We feel the casual scene and Ultra movement are fundamentally driven by the same set of principles quote - some of you seem to have changed your tunes? Normally you'd rip into anything to do with the casual scene!?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As has been mentioned before, I really want a 'noisy' bit at Falmer and see nothing wrong with fans pre-organising songs and chants as they can look and sound brilliant. The problem is avoiding the word 'ultras' in my opinion which always alludes to violence or politics.

A noisy bit at Falmer is very much needed but it must be promoted in the correct fashion.

Can I just say I did notice your avater re making this section the NORTH stand and I feel it's a great idea. Just make it known (even when the grounds open) that the North end will carry an away like atmosphere every game - no sitting down bollox either - 2,500 hardcore atmosphere generators. And although you'll get the odd wanker on here moaning about something if this is the case - it's simple, don't 'sit' in the North Stand at Falmer. It would also be nice Wilko if the North stand wasn't ALL ST's so those who won't get a ST can still go there for some games and help with the atmosphere.

Wilko - I'm relying on you to make it happen and would be happy to help.

PS - Went on the 1901 tour and the bloke suggested the North will be the rowdy bit...

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The fact that thye liken themselves /model themselves on Celtic just shows how debased and sh!t thye are. Only needed a reference to ManUre there and the triumvirate and axis of all evil would have been encapsulated in one article, probably followed by the awakening of Beelzebub,floods, plagues of locusts etc etc !

Jeez how I hate em!

TNBA

TTF

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'm probably never going to live this down, but I think it's a story that needed telling. This week, in a covert operation, I went behind enemy lines to interview the Holmesdale Fantatics of Crystal Palace.

I emerged unscathed.

This is the results of my interview with them:

Holmesdale Fanatics

I'd love to know what you think. If you comment on here, then great. If you do so on the actual site, and then they'll read it. No chance of asking everyone to be civilised on this matter is there? No, thought not.

If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll be rewarded with a couple of articles on the Brighton/Palace rivalry from our prespective.

Great article. Love the quote from your man there, saying: "the negative 'player ratings' culture was replaced with one of encouragement and acceptance of players, especially young players, who too often receive the brunt of negativity"

We need some of that at Withdean right now, and will definitely need it at Falmer.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Fair play to them. I've got a horrible feeling the move to Falmer could be one enormous anti-climax if the stewards are over-zealous about no standing, and we can't get a decent atmosphere going there.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... Just make it known (even when the grounds open) that the North end will carry an away like atmosphere every game - no sitting down bollox either - 2,500 hardcore atmosphere generators. And although you'll get the odd wanker on here moaning about something if this is the case - it's simple, don't 'sit' in the North Stand at Falmer. ......
I REALLY hope that is the case, 2,500 people all standing up and helping to generate an atmoshpere. And all those saying "it's an all-seater stadium, what part of all-seater don't you understand? mustn't break the law, got to obey every petty regulation, Health and Safety, it's for our own good, etc" - f*** off and sit somewhere else.

This might be wishful thinking but you've gotta have a dream ...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I REALLY hope that is the case, 2,500 people all standing up and helping to generate an atmoshpere. And all those saying "it's an all-seater stadium, what part of all-seater don't you understand? mustn't break the law, got to obey every petty regulation, Health and Safety, it's for our own good, etc" - f*** off and sit somewhere else.

This might be wishful thinking but you've gotta have a dream ...

I think it can happen easily. And as I said the bloke on the 1901 tour did say the North would be where the 'ruffians' would sit or some word like that (I did post on here what a stupid thing to say at the time but won't go into that snobbery again) so I think it is possible if it's well documented on here it will get around. And if there's say 1000 people intent on standing and creating an atmo, it will be pretty obvious that that's how the North stand will be and people can either move somewhere else or join in!

It can happen for sure. Also as you point out it will seperate those who wish to sit from those who wish to stand and sing. Almost every ground in the football lg have an element of home support regularly standing so people can't really complain...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
superb read.

That is an excellent effort by the palace fans and if only we could generate that sort of atmosphere.....the only issue I see is that most people , if not all are standing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here