Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace pull out of Bath City friendly

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
From the Bath Chronicle:

Bath City's attractive home friendly against Crystal Palace has been called off, just three days before it was due to take place.

Adie Britton's men were set to kick-off their pre-season campaign with a visit from the Championship club to Mayday Trust Park on Friday.

However, the Eagles called City chairman Manda Rigby this afternoon to say they will not be sending a team after all, costing the club up to £6,000.

"Palace are on a tour around Devon and were due to play us on the way home," said Rigby.

"However, they say they haven't been able to train as much as they would have liked because of the waterlogged pitches and are going back to London for some indoor training.

"It's frustrating. We've turned down two functions for that night and were hoping to get a crowd of around 600 in."

Why would Bath City think a friendly against the Nigels was "attractive" ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'How to Lose Friends and Alienate People - The Sequel'. A year following Palace.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Wouldn't be the first time a pikey has refused a bath.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
They managed to organise a friendly with Lewes tonight within about an hour of cancelling the Bath game. Will their 'billionaire' owners see it fit to compensate Bath I wonder?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
All because they didn't fancy the coach journey. Disgusting behaviour IMO. I wonder what Mr Parish has to say about it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why would Bath City think a friendly against the Nigels was "attractive" ?

Palace%2Bcheerleaders%2B7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here