Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace planning double raid on rivals Brighton (Merged Thread)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
:lolol: your season hasn't started yet and those crumbs of comfort will become sighs of despair as we win and you lose (read get played off the park) more often than not

Read next one :wink:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
:lolol: your season hasn't started yet and those crumbs of comfort will become sighs of despair as we win and you lose (read get played off the park) more often than not

You will win more than us , it will be intresting who gets the first win though .

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

I would expect that considering we are in the higher league

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
You seem to forget you got spanked in the play offs

Honestly, we didn't though did we? I was worried about going to your place, but we taught you a footballing lesson in the first half. Fair play, in the second half you shored your defence up, made it to the Amex and then won a tight game by counter-attacking. You won yes, but if you were there (or watched from your armchair), then you would know that it was a close game between two decent sides and like many teams last season, you profited from our weakness to counter-attacks.

The hyperbole from supporters of both teams is sickening at the moment. What you get when you frequent an internet messageboard I guess..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I feel sorry for that young Spanish U20 player that signed for Palace. He was shown a video of the Palace win at the Amex, the bit just after Brighton should have gone 2-0 up. He was under the impression that the Amex was Palace's ground, was under the impression that Zaha would be playing next season in the team, and was under the impression that top players would want to sign for Palace.
Sadly he was unaware that his new team were played off the park in the first leg, got smashed the last time they played at the Amex........and that his new home ground was an old converted cow shed surrounded by a run down area.
The only chance he has is to play out of his skin and hope a decent club come in for him asap.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I feel sorry for that young Spanish U20 player that signed for Palace. He was shown a video of the Palace win at the Amex, the bit just after Brighton should have gone 2-0 up. He was under the impression that the Amex was Palace's ground, was under the impression that Zaha would be playing next season in the team, and was under the impression that top players would want to sign for Palace.
Sadly he was unaware that his new team were played off the park in the first leg, got smashed the last time they played at the Amex........and that his new home ground was an old converted cow shed surrounded by a run down area.
The only chance he has is to play out of his skin and hope a decent club come in for him asap.

Who said comedy was dead

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm on Palace to have zero points by Christmas.

That's z-e-r-o

Reckon that's a decent bet at 10-1

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great news, Murray could be out for season :) At least some justice came out of the play offs.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Great news, Murray could be out for season :) At least some justice came out of the play offs.

Where did you hear this? His targeted return date is sometime in December.

Thanks for giving us the best striker in the Championship last season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The article? We gave u nobody, u signed nobody bar Dobbie from us. I don't think we're giving u Ulloa anytime soon.

Ps funny u went missing from 17th March onwards. U must be one of the plastic 10k glory fans. Oh and pay REMF ur debt u rat.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would take anything around £1m of your cash for KLL. Easily replaceable, bit part inconsistent player.

Barnes is a strange one, but I am not sure he'd go anyway.
Lualua is a very good prospect and we paid £1.2 million for him anyway.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Really? Are you sure about that? Are you aware how serious a knee injury actually is? I'd say March tops. I'm not being an asshole in saying that, I just appreciate the seriousness of a knee rupture, even with the best surgeons/physiotherapists. They're not an injury that can be sped up.

Couldn't help but laugh at this :lol:

It's actually the huge step into the shoulder barge that gets me, it's like his legs just stretch....

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
The article? We gave u nobody, u signed nobody bar Dobbie from us. I don't think we're giving u Ulloa anytime soon.

Ps funny u went missing from 17th March onwards. U must be one of the plastic 10k glory fans. Oh and pay REMF ur debt u rat.

The article doesn't say that, Glenn is expected to be back before Christmas!

You passed up on Murray because you didn't think he was worth the money. He scored THIRTY GOALS IN ONE SEASON and got us promoted to the Premier League. :O
On Dobbie, I really can't understand why you didn't like him. He was fantastic for us at the end of last season and he was one of the best players on the pitch when we played Lazio last week.

Well done for catching me though. I'm a "plastic 10k glory fan" who probably had a season ticket before you were born.

Really? Are you sure about that? Are you aware how serious a knee injury actually is? I'd say March tops. I'm not being an asshole in saying that, I just appreciate the seriousness of a knee rupture, even with the best surgeons/physiotherapists. They're not an injury that can be sped up.

Yes. December is the club physios current opinion on when Glenn will be ready. His surgery went well and his rehab so far has been going brilliantly.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The article doesn't say that, Glenn is expected to be back before Christmas!

You passed up on Murray because you didn't think he was worth the money. He scored THIRTY GOALS IN ONE SEASON and got us promoted to the Premier League. :O

Well done for catching me though. I'm a "plastic 10k glory fan" who probably had a season ticket before you were born.

Can one of the mods just ban Glenn Murray/the Rock/Seaside Eagle/ HansIsALiar. He has to be the biggest palace cock going and that's saying something.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yes. December is the club physios current opinion on when Glenn will be ready. His surgery went well and his rehab so far has been going brilliantly.
That's the physio though, how will Glenn feel when the estimated time comes is a completely different matter. A knee injury would not only be future worry, but confidence wise as well will take a huge hit. I would not expect him to be playing even half a match by December.

Psychologically, Murray could be out for ages. I damaged my knee ligaments, let's ignore that I'm not a professional footballer with a top phsyio and surgeon. However, confidently I could never get back on my BMX because of the fear of just one mishap. Murray could be entirely differently and come December he could be raring to go, but I know many people who've done their knees in and just weren't the same after. Palace fans must be patient when it comes to him being declared fit by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here