[Brighton] Crystal Palace Fan Labour Brighton Pavilion MP Candidate

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Yes it does.
No it doesn't you're lucky enough to have been born the same gender you identify as, others aren't the same.

The same way some people are born straight, gay, bisexual or asexual people are born identifying with another gender.

You have no right at all to discredit them. By doing so you're outing yourself as a bigot who doesn't understand anything about advanced biology.

If you want to discriminate against people on their gender identity then Brighton isn't the club for you.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
That argument doesn't really work, names and gender ID are not the same thing. Personally I think it's incredibly odd that someone clearly a man, who looks like a man, acts like a man, has all the physical attributes of a man and was born a man insists on being called a woman, you're not a woman just because you say you are, science and biological fact dictates otherwise. You may 'identify' as a woman but you're not a biological woman so I won't pander to your preferred pronouns because frankly I don't have to. I don't have any issue with sexuality as that's an entirely different subject.
"Biological fact"

Except for the fact that advanced biology actually shows that gender is not binary at all.

Your own ignorance may suggest that people can only identify as the gender they are born as, luckily science says otherwise.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I prioritise biology over identity. Gender theory has emerged without explanation or consent.

You do not get to control how I see or express the world and this is why you will lose. You don't have the numbers or due to behaviour of trans activists goodwill.

Izzard will always be to me a crap comedian, a half decent actor and Palace scum.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Advanced Wot?
Biology. The scientific study of life. The one that has determined gender is not a binary equation.

Your sex at birth is something that is biological, as is your gender. Those two things don't have to be the same.

Look even at those who identify in the same gender and you'll see massive differences in behaviours. Some will act more traditionally feminine, whilst others will act more traditionally masculine.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Biology. The scientific study of life. The one that has determined gender is not a binary equation.

Your sex at birth is something that is biological, as is your gender. Those two things don't have to be the same.

Look even at those who identify in the same gender and you'll see massive differences in behaviours. Some will act more traditionally feminine, whilst others will act more traditionally
Well as it’s now a free for all for anyone to identify as anything , I’m going to identify as a secret agent from the planet Pluto.

No one can question me as it’s my right and if I dress like a Martian with badly applied make up then people will just have to suck it up.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Well as it’s now a free for all for anyone to identify as anything , I’m going to identify as a secret agent from the planet Pluto.

No one can question me as it’s my right and if I dress like a Martian with badly applied make up then people will just have to suck it up.
You see you're saying this because once again, you don't actually understand the topic.

Instead of engaging in reasonable debate, you seek to mock because you don't have a clue.

Maybe stop using straw man arguments and instead actually do some research for once.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Look even at those who identify in the same gender and you'll see massive differences in behaviours. Some will act more traditionally feminine, whilst others will act more traditionally masculine.
gender is a social construct. remember, thats the whole basis for how its mutable? because its not fixed like sex is by genes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Do you identify as someone who didn’t realise living in a block of flats might mean you can hear your neighbours?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes it does.
Good luck with your adventure navigating the future.

1691183733377.png

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What is the difference between "biology" and "advanced biology"?

Is it like o-levels and a-levels?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Good luck with your adventure navigating the future.

View attachment 164473
I don't need luck thanks, I'm managing just fine, primarily because I couldn't give a single f*** what other people think of my opinion because its just an opinion.
"Biological fact"

Except for the fact that advanced biology actually shows that gender is not binary at all.

Your own ignorance may suggest that people can only identify as the gender they are born as, luckily science says otherwise.
Utter bollocks (mens testicles, you know those lumpy dangly things men have between their legs, Eddie has some and her woman bollocks are just as hairy as mine I'd imagine)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't need luck thanks, I'm managing just fine, primarily because I couldn't give a single f*** what other people think of my opinion because its just an opinion.

Utter bollocks (mens testicles, you know those lumpy dangly things men have between their legs, Eddie has some and her woman bollocks are just as hairy as mine I'd imagine)
You simply don't know the difference between biological sex, and gender. Never mind. I can't be bothered by the determinedly uninformed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well in Suzy's own words she'd like to be referred to as her/she, but understands it's a huge change and still doesn't mind being called Eddie and he/him. She's still going under Eddie for public appearances, so I guess you can't really get it wrong. However just out of common courtesy you'd do your best to use she/her, as it's her preferred choice.

As to her being a candidate for Brighton and a Palace fan, can't say I'm overly fussed if she did a great job, but since she wouldn't be my MP, I'm not overly bothered either.
I personally wouldn't vote for her. I'm not interested in the 'name' of a candidate. When I watched the video and took out the 'name' all I saw was a Labour mouthpiece. The 'Green Council' thing irks me too. The Greens couldn't pass most of their policies without Labour support- and Labour know this. Yet they still pray on electoral ignorance and it works.

So, the Greens have one MP and it's good to have a different voice in parliament. All this is academic as I'm in Kemptown, but I have done a vote swap before.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why doesn't Izzard stand for Labour in Croydon where he'll have more chance of getting elected, can use his Palace credentials tomhis advantage and spread the trans love in a new place?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Personally I think it's incredibly odd that someone clearly a man, who looks like a man, acts like a man, has all the physical attributes of a man and was born a man insists on being called a woman, you're not a woman just because you say you are, science and biological fact dictates otherwise. You may 'identify' as a woman but you're not a biological woman so I won't pander to your preferred pronouns because frankly I don't have to.

If someone who is born a man, but doesn't recognise themselves as being a man (ie, feels the way they imagine women feel, rather than the way men feel), then why shouldn't they be able to be a woman and be called a woman?

Yes it is a bit odd compared to what you're used to. So what? Lots of things in this colourful world are a bit different.

As for 'you're not a woman just because you say you are' - actually, you might be. 'Woman' is just a word in the English language to describe certain people, and if we're saying that the word includes people who identify as being a woman, then you are a woman if you identify as being one.

You can close your mind to the world around you if you like, but I'm not sure you're doing yourself any favours, and you won't stop progress. Or you could try and be open-minded, and understand that the world isn't quite as simple as we were lead to believe when we were young.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports