Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crucial phase of the season.... the next four matches - how many points?

How many points will we get from the next 4 matches?

Votes: 5 2.6%

Votes: 11 5.8%

Votes: 15 7.9%

Votes: 12 6.3%

Votes: 22 11.6%

Votes: 43 22.8%

Votes: 28 14.8%

Votes: 23 12.2%

Votes: 18 9.5%

Votes: 3 1.6%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't mean the %, i was more referring to the assessment/liability to offer such odds when you look at the prices of teams around us.

After these 4 games, points are going to be tough for some time during March/April. Even Norwich is not a given.

Ah, gotcha and I agree.

Watford are a best-priced 3/1. I think I'd rather be in their shoes right now, giving us a two-point (plus GD) head start over the remainder of the season, although I'll caveat that by saying I've not looked at their fixtures.

Newcastle are, at a best-priced 4/1, seen as twice as likely to get relegated as us which doesn't feel quite right.

I can only think that our upcoming games are heavily baked into our current price, and there'll be a big shake-up in odds, one way or another by the time next week's mid-week games play out.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I will go for an optimistic 8. Anything less and we are in big trouble.

Really? So if we beat Bournemouth and Villa, draw with an in form Watford but lose away at West Ham we are in ‘big trouble’ with those additional 7 points taking us over the 30 point barrier with more than ten games to play.

The drama and over reaction on here is unbelievable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently 41 posters refused to vote 11 points.

I assume they'd also rather watch the world burn.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really? So if we beat Bournemouth and Villa, draw with an in form Watford but lose away at West Ham we are in ‘big trouble’ with those additional 7 points taking us over the 30 point barrier with more than ten games to play.

No drama or panic, a calm study of our position. I admire your 'beat 'Muff and Villa'. Easy peasy.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've gone for a (I'd bite your hand off for and probably give away my first born son for) 9.

3 wins and a loss. Not necessarily to come in the games you would expect them to

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hopefully somewhere between 6 and 8. If we only get a couple of points (or heaven forbid, even less) we really would be in deep trouble - potentially very slim pickings in March and April.
We should get 6 to 8, but I do wonder how much the team will be affected by the pressure, as pressure there will surely be. Let's hope Potter's team and Potterball prove to be able to cope with it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Currently 41 posters refused to vote 11 points.

I assume they'd also rather watch the world burn.

Maybe they're using it as a proxy for Zero?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

:shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
8 would be nice, and undefeated for 4’games. Entirely possible as is 10, but sods law says 6. Anything less would be an underachievement and set the sprinklers off

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The next four games, are absolutely critical - not just for us, but for all the bottom teams. So many huge six-pointers:

Albion v Villa
Norwich v Bournemouth

Villa v Watford
Bournemouth v Albion

Bournemouth v Villa
Newcastle v Norwich
West Ham v Albion

Albion v Watford

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Hopefully 9, Watford form is second only to Liverpool so I'd take a point from that game, the Moyes effect will have worn off by the time we play West Ham and that's 3 in the bag, Villa we're all over the shop until Mooy got sent off and look in real trouble, so 3 there, Bournemouth are gonners imo their Squad is simply not big or good enough to keep them up so 3 there, voted 9 but hoping for 10.

If it goes wrong and we only pick up 2-3 points then we're in trouble but i still think Potter is the right man for the job whatever happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here