Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crucial dropped points in this season, should promotion already have been in the bag?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wolverhampton home and away, how we only took 1 point against such a poor side over two games (playing an hour of one of them against 10), I'll never know.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
All teams have 'what ifs' during a season. Games they should have won but then forget about the games they should have drawn/lost but won instead. There's no point focusing on it.

The only 'what if' for me is where would we be if we didn't have that horrendous injury list over Christmas. Outside that run, we've only lost one game all season, which is incredible.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The biggest impact for me is Barton not getting at least a yellow card, which was much more than warranted. That had a direct impact on the result, and I think we probably would have held onto win otherwise.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Swings and roundabouts. We're one awful referee decision or one lucky deflection from going up (or being robbed of promotion).

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Daft statement really and every club for differing reasons can come up with the same argument whether it be for Promotion, Relegation, ore having made the play offs.

Instead of something like this we should be saying ''WOW what a great season we have had. I didn't see that coming, the lads have done brilliantly. Who would have thought we would have a chance of automatic Promotion with one game to go''

Once all that's said and done we get out and support the lads, all of you that are going up to Middlesbrough especially, for whatever remains of the season. I for one will be gutted for the lads if they don't make it because they have put in 100% effort in and I hope they and the fans get rewarded for it, with Promotion.

I am shitting myself a little bit for the remaining games but that's the buzz football gives you and I wouldn't be without it. After all I can always wash my pants or throw them away and buy a new pair.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If if if.... Had we only lost 2-0 at home to Boro rather than 3-0 we would be sitting in 2nd spot needing a draw on Saturday.
Very small margins.....

Hadn't thought about that. As you say small margins. That 3rd goal although pretty immaterial at the time, is the difference between 2nd & 3rd at the moment.

D

Deleted User X18H

Greer's last minute open goal miss at home to Cardiff.
Defied the law of physics.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If if if.... Had we only lost 2-0 at home to Boro rather than 3-0 we would be sitting in 2nd spot needing a draw on Saturday.
Very small margins.....

Indeed but they completely owned us at the time and could have punished us more. Game will work in our favour possibly now as they will expect to beat us based on that game.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Burnley equalising from a freekick on Barton, when he should not have been on the pitch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a bit like a thread on mistakes made that resulted in failing to get off with persons X, or being dumped by persons Y. "If only I hadn't done the 'how do you like your eggs in the morning' gag". "I really shouldn't have told her that her mother looks like a walrus". "If only I has a bigger wee willy winky". I KNEW I shouldn't have opened this thread :shootself:wozza:

:lolol::kiss::cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here