Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Croydon Shitehawks?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I also find the 'Palarse' thing incredibly annoying. Along with all bad puns on team names 'Chelski', 'Weeds', 'Wet Spam' etc.

If you feel that you must use a joke name, then with Palace, you don't have to think one up as they've already paid someone to do it for them...

View attachment 155667
Now that really was funny.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I also find the 'Palarse' thing incredibly annoying. Along with all bad puns on team names 'Chelski', 'Weeds', 'Wet Spam' etc.

If you feel that you must use a joke name, then with Palace, you don't have to think one up as they've already paid someone to do it for them...

View attachment 155667
Now that really was funny.

Completely agree, it must run in the family.👍👍

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Or...and stick with me on this one as its a novel concept...maybe just dont bother trying to find stupid nicknames for other teams?
Dont get wound up by a faux rivalry, act like an adult instead of a testosterone fueled teen, and just focus on enjoying the Albion instead? 😕:shrug:
Football is full of tribal angst anyway, without trying to come up with new ways of adding even more.

Maybe its just me that cant be bothered with all that crap though...🤔
Wise words Vicar, and I'm sure that when you cover this in your sermon on Sunday to the seven people in your congregation those who are still awake will wholeheartedly agree...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Is it not part of standard rival club tomfoolery to have a little light hearted ribbing? Don't Leeds and ManUre call each other vermin and vomit? That's probably a bit too nasty.

Palace are the wankpuffins to me. A silly inoffensive name that mocks the eagles nonsense. The 'tradesman responsible for cutting, installing, and removing glass' plonkers.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Skates and Scummers are 'affectionate' names used by Saints and Pompey fans. The Skates reference is 'interesting' ...
Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 08.15.13.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here