Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Croydon cat killer suspected of killing 450!

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
I volunteer at an RSPCA animal shelter and I see a lot of the results of cruelty to animals first hand, which is why I get a bit upset with people like our friend Mr Biggums who seems to revel in it. Even the most feral of cats can be rehabilitated with regular feeding and gradual TLC, and they end up as good pets for well chosen owners.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm guessing you don't particularly like cats.
But in respect, there are a few on here that do, like I'm assuming there are a lot of dog lovers.
The thing is that people are adapted to certain animals, and have comfort in that.
Our Ziggy (cat), is brilliant for stress relief etc......:thumbsup:

I've not got the overly emphatic "I'm just a dog lover".

Humans and cats count too. It is possible to love all animals and (most) people.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I volunteer at an RSPCA animal shelter and I see a lot of the results of cruelty to animals first hand, which is why I get a bit upset with people like our friend Mr Biggums who seems to revel in it. Even the most feral of cats can be rehabilitated with regular feeding and gradual TLC, and they end up as good pets for well chosen owners.
They do indeed. Here on the streets of Jakarta, cats are everywhere. We have 8 now, all females and all spayed.

Attachments

• IMG_2254.jpeg
    IMG_2254.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm guessing you don't particularly like cats.
But in respect, there are a few on here that do, like I'm assuming there are a lot of dog lovers.
The thing is that people are adapted to certain animals, and have comfort in that.
Our Ziggy (cat), is brilliant for stress relief etc......:thumbsup:
I was playng the bigguns role - in jest.

I 'm a dog lover, not interested in cats but wish them no harm.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is strange in this country how the term 'responsible dog owner' is common place, but no such term exists for cat owners.
Cats can just be let out and do what they like, which is usually shit in other people's gardens and kill wildlife. It's a bizarre situation as, if a dog done either of those things then the owner would likely be in trouble.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is strange in this country how the term 'responsible dog owner' is common place, but no such term exists for cat owners.
Cats can just be let out and do what they like, which is usually shit in other people's gardens and kill wildlife. It's a bizarre situation as, if a dog done either of those things then the owner would likely be in trouble.
A dog can be trained, whereas you try to train a cat. I guess you knew that already.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At a guess, I'd say the profile of the Croydon Cat Killer pretty much mirrors the profile of the Brighton Cat Killer. Wild stab in the dark: c*** probably even looks not too dissimilar to that freak

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At a guess, I'd say the profile of the Croydon Cat Killer pretty much mirrors the profile of the Brighton Cat Killer. Wild stab in the dark: c*** probably even looks not too dissimilar to that freak
Did you mean to post 'wild stab in the dark' or was it a Freudian slip?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A dog can be trained, whereas you try to train a cat. I guess you knew that already.

So that absolves their 'owners' from all responsibility then does it?

Almost literally...Ah, feck it, give the cat another goldfish!

Nice get out for dog owners too. They can just say...'Well a dog can be trained but mine isn't. Shitting everywhere and killing other animals is just what they do.' :shrug:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Dreamies work quite well 😉. But yes there is a difference of course.

I agree with @1066familyman points - over 92 million animals and birds killed each year by cats so I believe owners do need to accept some degree of responsibility both for the sake of their neighbours and their cats welfare and the destruction they cause in the immediate local ecosystem- cats are not built into the ‘natural’ population adaptation that wild birds and animals have in response to environmental conditions that normally includes wild apex predators - local populations of birds can easily be wiped out by non-adaptive responses (ie keep building nests in areas where cats will predate them, fledglings having no instinctive awareness of their predation vulnerability to cats etc).

However the concern on this thread is about the welfare of cats and rightly so in view of the despicable actions by this ‘Feline Barber of Croydon’ - Outdoor cats are far more likely be killed early on in their lives, to suffer injuries from other cats, being run over, going missing, stolen or ending up strays or dumped or as this horrible man has done, disfigured or tortured or killed by sicko humans. As a matter of course, I called my cat in every night when I had her and also try and do the same when cat sitting sisters cats. I also put a releasable collar on them with a bell as this helps to warn birds of their presence.

These animal abuse practice sickos seem to go in waves, remember all the ponies and horses being lacerated in their fields at night? (others have pointed out the Brighton cat killer). I hate to say it but if someone is doing this to animals, if they are not already seriously abusing vulnerable humans, it’s not much of a progression for them.

It is disgusting and the one very small blessing is at least the cats, at the moment, are not being tortured or killed - but I would definitely bring all cats in at night full stop as a matter of course.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And in this one post you serve to demonstrate the psychopathic* tendencies that Swanny has alluded to previously.

Anybody who revels in and enjoys the killing of any being has clearly got more than one screw loose. I'm sure we are all grateful that you are a long way away. Long may it stay that way.

*"Psychopathy is a neuropsychiatric disorder marked by deficient emotional responses, lack of empathy, and poor behavioral controls, commonly resulting in persistent antisocial deviance and criminal behavior."

You f***ing clown.

It's a great feeling when you clear an area of vermin cats and see the native wild life come back in decent numbers.

You're a soft as f*** pussy yourself the way you react to cats getting tapped.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
1. Waste plastic - pollutes and kills wildlife.

Edit, a lot of feral cats could be dealt with by neutering, although in Britain we do have a native Wild Cat in Scotland. All of mine are neutered.

Spoken like someone who is a couch expert.

How do you catch all these feral cats to neuter them?

They don't stop killing when you remove their knackers I'm afraid.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not in the UK. You are aware this isn’t an Aussie message board, right.

Of course, whether people choose to dislike you because of your pet murdering or your massive hypocrisy is up to them.

It's an international message board.

That's how the internet works.

Pets live on people's properties and aren't found on other people's properties.

Nobody is shooting people's pets on the pet owners property.

I mean you don't even know that the word murder pertains to humans and not animals.

Buy a dictionary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here