Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Croydon cat killer suspected of killing 450!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yeah agree about the out at night thing.

Love the bell ring for a treat. Does that get annoying? I feel like one of mine would be ringing it all the time 🤣

I will look into the clicker training thing, sounds interesting.

Definitely not annoying, quite good fun.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh that's nice. Someone with a cat problem, not of their doing, should leave a bed in their garden for all the neighbours cats to shit in when all the deterrents don't work (the deterents never work btw).

Incredible!

I think you are letting your dislike of cats get the better of you here. There is really no need to get so pissy over a simple suggestion in response to a question asked.

I am not saying he 'should' do anything. Just a suggestion that if the cats are shitting on his lawn and that he can't deter them then his best option might be to redirect them to somewhere they can bury their shit so he doesn't see or smell it.

This thread is really throwing up some angry anti cat weirdos.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you are letting your dislike of cats get the better of you here. There is really no need to get so pissy over a simple suggestion in response to a question asked.

I am not saying he 'should' do anything. Just a suggestion that if the cats are shitting on his lawn and that he can't deter them then his best option might be to redirect them to somewhere they can bury their shit so he doesn't see or smell it.

The icing on the cake was speaking in a bitter tone about cats on worktops in other peoples homes.

WTF.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

It's also throwing up some weird delusional cat 'owners' and pretend animal lovers too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The icing on the cake was speaking in a bitter tone about cats on worktops in other peoples homes.

WTF.
That wasn't bitterness, it was repulsion :lol:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Love cats (and dogs too. All animals really I prefer to humans) . Agree there are too many our there and too many causes problems ( cats bullying each other and fighting in urban areas, kill too much wildlife, shit too much in your (not their) garden ha) . But, sorry, feel the same about human beings. Too many, stop fecking breeding. Mine is indoor only, adopted a rescue no one wanted (too old, a boring tabby with a saggy tum, has problems, needs meds for life). She is an aloof floof. She has done brilliantly on Katkin food. Lovely bright eyes and coat, shit don't smell, now wants to play, so much so i feel guilty for keeping her indoors (i'm 2nd floor flat and rspca said she was indoor only). Anyway I ramble. The difference between animals and humans is compassion. Animals don't know it. I love my cat. I'm sure she'd eat me if I croaked and stopped feeding her.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
'Silent Spring' and removal of habitat is the real offender for loss of wildlife.

If I catch someone trimming a cat, they'll be thinking of a different explanation on their way to A&E to have a clipper removed from their aris.
Plymouth CC destroying all those trees this week was interesting timing. I know through personal experience in our garden and the RSPB state this, that the nesting season starts by the beginning of March.

Not that bothered the mayor and thugs who furtively had the trees hacked down in the night.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why the interest in other people’s homes? A mix of control freakery, a busybody and paranoia that all bad roads lead to cats :lolol: .

Of all the things in these times to be bothered about.

There’s nowt so queer as folk.
Angry about cats on other people's benches and advice about someone else's garden.

Very odd, but each to their own I suppose.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The reason cat shit smells so bad is the food they are given to eat (the filler in it). Blame the human not the cat. Feed a cat on Katkin, a natural diet of meat and organs only (steamed not raw), and the shit no longer smells!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Angry about cats on other people's benches and advice about someone else's garden.

Very odd.
The not so funny thing is that each day the direct human impact on wildlife and ecosystems far outweighs everything else and some. Not just the obvious. In June 2021 I witness a vast ancient hedge being ripped out by a farmer at Hickstead. No way in the world did he assess that there no mammals or nesting birds within it.

Following the logic of an angry cabal of middle aged men in this thread, human killers of the non-cat animal kingdom should also be knived or damaged.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The reason cat shit smells so bad is the food they are given to eat (the filler in it). Blame the human not the cat. Feed a cat on Katkin, a natural diet of meat and organs only (steamed not raw), and the shit no longer smells!
We use these :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Just did a quick Google, cant see it over here but will have another look for something similar later.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why the interest in other people’s homes? A mix of control freakery, a busybody and paranoia that all bad roads lead to cats :lolol: .

Of all the things in these times to be bothered about.

There’s nowt so queer as folk.
Actually, it was from personal experience. When I was a kid we took in a couple of cats from a feral colony that were rounded up and re- homed as they kept getting run over. One was as bold as brass and used to intimidate our two dogs and go out hunting rabbits. One day we popped back home having forgot something, only to find the bold cat all over the kitchen sides. She never went up on the sides all the time we were in the house. That memory stuck with me and it's one of the reasons why I've never personally 'owned' a cat, or would ever own one. I've also had endless experience of neighbours cats shitting in my veg beds at several places I've lived at, despite countless attempts at deterrents.

No, I really don't like cats and I shoo off any cat that comes near our garden. I'd never harm one though because I'm a genuine animal lover, which is the reason I haven't eaten an animal for over thirty odd years (most likely unlike many cat owners that profess to be animal lovers).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The not so funny thing is that each day the direct human impact on wildlife and ecosystems far outweighs everything else and some. Not just the obvious. In June 2021 I witness a vast ancient hedge being ripped out by a farmer at Hickstead. No way in the world did he assess that there no mammals or nesting birds within it.

Following the logic of an angry cabal of middle aged men in this thread, human killers of the non-cat animal kingdom should also be knived or damaged.

The irony of the Australia based anger is that the hedgerow idea wasn't really embraced over here. Much of the clearing was total and extreme.

When I was farming we started to surround our paddocks with native trees and allow native plants to grow. This was backed by government subsidies etc but round my way few others did similar.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Actually, it was from personal experience. When I was a kid we took in a couple of cats from a feral colony that were rounded up and re- homed as they kept getting run over. One was as bold as brass and used to intimidate our two dogs and go out hunting rabbits. One day we popped back home having forgot something, only to find the bold cat all over the kitchen sides. She never went up on the sides all the time we were in the house. That memory stuck with me and it's one of the reasons why I've never personally 'owned' a cat, or would ever own one. I've also had endless experience of neighbours cats shitting in my veg beds at several places I've lived at, despite countless attempts at deterrents.

No, I really don't like cats and I shoo off any cat that comes near our garden. I'd never harm one though because I'm a genuine animal lover, which is the reason I haven't eaten an animal for over thirty odd years (most likely unlike many cat owners that profess to be animal lovers).
I did remember you as an eco and wildlife good person.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The irony of the Australia based anger is that the hedgerow idea wasn't really embraced over here. Much of the clearing was total and extreme.

When I was farming we started to surround our paddocks with native trees and allow native plants to grow. This was backed by government subsidies etc but round my way few others did similar.
The irony is that he’s also a huge fan of Trump, someone with contempt for much of humanity eg black Americans, poor Americans and he doesn’t believe that man is destroying the planet or altered climate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here