Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd v Wednesday

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bums on seats = 19,400

I am starting to sense a little waning of support. Mates who support other teams and came along every week have lost the inquisitive factor of the Amex and have stopped going ( this May improve if we end up challenging for promotion).

I will be more interested to see Saturdays attendance with it being at a stupid time!

Saturday looks like being close to a sell out (for home fans anyway) if the 100 or so tickets that show as remaining on the official site is anything to go by.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saturday looks like being close to a sell out (for home fans anyway) if the 100 or so tickets that show as remaining on the official site is anything to go by.

Mmmmm...I am a bit old school really, and do get irrationally annoyed when the crowd announcement is made and you know it's just on tickets sold!

Not that it matters in the great scheme of things.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Am I missing something ? why the vendetta about wednesday being a small club ?

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: fans think they are a MASSIVE club :wink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So it was 25,500 ish...but there were many many empty seats. Wouldn't surprise me if that was a sub 20k bums on seats gate

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Subtracting the away support there wasn't many matchday tickets sold even with students getting in for £15. Many on a budget who had to choose between this match and the one on Saturday will have opted for the Forest game.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Subtracting the away support there wasn't many matchday tickets sold even with students getting in for £15. Many on a budget who had to choose between this match and the one on Saturday will have opted for the Forest game.

Probably neither clubs fans saw this as a glamour tie. Shame it couldn't have been a Saturday as They would hat brought more as they could have made a weekend of it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Probably neither clubs fans saw this as a glamour tie. Shame it couldn't have been a Saturday as They would hat brought more as they could have made a weekend of it.
On a Saturday there would have been an extra thousand or so Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: fans travelling and no need to do the student offer.

Feb 14, 2010
4000 more than Leeds, biggest gate in the division (as usual), more than Crystal Palace get on a Saturday afternoon in the Premier League... and we think its a bad crowd. Its great to support a well supported club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here