Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd v QPR

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wait until tomorrow once QPR, Reading and Forest have all won.

I'm sure it's just hundreds of people queuing up to buy tickets to see Harry Redknapp's Allstars tonight, that's all :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm you may be about right. l have a feeling in my water that the 'official' attendance tonight will be below 28,000. Either way if we fail to pick up the three points, the real attendances will dip alarmingly for the remaining home games.

Nah, they won't. At the end of the day, these people have paid for their tickets and it's just what you do on a Saturday, isn't it?

There have been plenty of games that I've been unable to get particularly excited about this season, but I've never once contemplated not bothering. Sure, there are a few people around who have tickets of convenience, if you will, and who pick and choose their games, but if you think crowds are suddenly going to be 3000 - 4000 ("alarmingly") lower for the final games simply because we happened to not be in play off contention, I'm going to suggest that you're wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite. We follow the Albion. We live in hope, not expectation.

The vast majority of my Albion supporting life has been spent not expecting us to get promoted. Admittedly, I was part of crowds of 6,000 for a lot of that time, rather than 26,000, but nonetheless, most supporters are either grown ups who recognise that only ten teams in the whole Football League get promoted each season, therefore we have no divine right to be one of them (and there's always next season), or are kids who don't really mind if we finish sixth or seventh, so long as they get to go to the Albion, say hello to Gully, get Will Buckley's autograph every now and again, and for the only time in their lives, are permitted to scream and shout their little hearts out for an hour and a half on a Saturday afternoon.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not many home tickets left. If QPR bring close to their 2.5k allocation then a 28k+ attendance looks likely.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Going by a tweet that was retweeted Official QPR they had 150 tickets left out of 2,400 yesterday afternoon.

So where is this Tweet then? Was it really from the official source? Seems odd that they would think they would sell the best part of 500 more tickets between then and last night.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On their Twitter feed, surprisingly.

Fair dos, I had a glance originally and couldn't see it, did a search and here it is:

#BHAvQPR TICKET UPDATE: Only 164 tickets remain for tomorrow's game against @OfficialBHAFC

It was said that were given 2400 tickets, there were less than 2000 at the game, therefore, I think the correct hashtag is #bullshit to #OfficialQPR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here