Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enjoyed it, noisier than a regular game at the Amex and no crowd groans either

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I watched the end of the Watford match with the crowd noise on, that was enough, switched off the crowd noise for our match.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
It could have been turned up to 11 but instead it's been a lot more subtle than expected. Just an ambient reminder of what should be and easily better than the sound of an under 23 match imo

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
I'm in favour of the crowd noise, especially the attention to detail from the beeb. Ten minutes before the end of the Bournemouth v Palace game they fade up the 'come on Bournemouth' chant.

Class.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very much yes.

Obviously a bit of an experiment, but well done the live sound mixers. Loved the fake boos at the end.

Real technical expertise at play.

Kind of ridiculous, a big cheer when Mooy’s shot was saved WTF? I turned it off at half time, listening to the real shouts of the coaches and the players more interesting

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I already did a poll for this, that being said I find it kind of sad, somewhat childish even, that people need fake noise to get into the game. I can watch it without the bullshit crowd noise but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to watch replays without it .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Didn't like the idea initially but I find the experience much better. It actually made me forget that there wasn't a crowd at times.

Some people have said the games feel like training matches. I think that is because there isn't a crowd and no other reason. Ironically, with the crowd noise on it feels more authentic.

I am in the "surprised that I enjoyed the fake noise" category. Would love to see how it is done and agree that the addition of a "you're shit..." button would enhance the experience.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I like it. Watching without is like watching Kuwait v Luxembourg in the group stages of an Olympic tournament that I barely know the rules of.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not a fan , Maupays goal was greeted with the loudest REAL cheering iv'e heard so far from the games on the TV , i presume a microphone was in the right place at the right time rather than the amount of people in the stadium to pump up the volume .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here