Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crowd for tuesday against Bristol city

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
What with Christmas shopping and Eastenders on TV, I would expect we're looking at a Withdeanesque 3,546 (if you take out the comps etc.). I heard a vicious one that they were only going to open the South Stand tonight and that everyone would be relocated from their usual seats to the South end.

What about those who can't handle change? I've only just stopped going to Withdean on a match day!

Dec 29, 2011
bullshit-alert-button.jpg

I. Kid. You. Not. Although the demographic was 4 woman and 1 man, maybe it's saying something about our female supporters ???

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Decent, but is it sustainable? As much as Palace goad us about "plastics" the fact is a lot of the 25k aren't true 'Albion' fans, they're just rich individuals or medium income families who have jumped on a band wagon for something to do on a Saturday. How long until the novelty wears off if we are still drawing games and generally not winning and the attendances start to drop?

As a little anecdote of my point, outside the Amex on Saturday I heard five different people say:
Person 1 :"What a good game"
Person 2: "It's a shame Bolton scored"
Person 1: "Oh did they? I didn't notice"

They didn't notice or even care that Brighton had thrown away two points which makes you wonder how much they'll want to watch Brighton vs. Hull in the Championship on a cold, wet Tuesday in two years time.

True to a point. We all know when/if performances go downhill then crowds will drop, all clubs are prone to this. But look on the other side, if we were storming this league and say we beat Bolton 4-0 with "THAT" performance we would probably be playing to plus 26k most games. Tonights game would have topped 25k. Says a lot for Palace's 16k table topping gates eh?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here