Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd for Middlesbrough

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My Dad just got his outright and his understanding is that he is guaranteed it for next year.

I don't talk to him that often so could be wrong and he may have gone the DD route. Would appear a little strange to me if you weren't guaranteed it both ways

I too bought one and understood the wording from the club to be along the lines of: DD and you are guaranteed the seat next year. Pay upfront and you have priority; in practice it may amount to the same, but DD would seem to put you further up the pecking order.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I too bought one and understood the wording from the club to be along the lines of: DD and you are guaranteed the seat next year. Pay upfront and you have priority; in practice it may amount to the same, but DD would seem to put you further up the pecking order.

How bizarre. I may have to tell him that. However seeing as he didn't get me one maybe I won't and then can chuckle if he misses out on the potential Prem football he was showing off about!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's strange the way they worded it, I think both options do amount to the same thing really

It's worded as automatic renewal with direct debit and first refusal with up front payment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You do have a point, I accept, but then again -you haven't met my Mrs -woman scorned and all that .
A bloke going to a football match doesn't count as scorning a woman.

She probably resents you for the fact that you don't stand up to her. Seriously, just tell her you're going, what's the worst she can do?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The reasons you have given will sadly mean that the crowd is not as good as it could be - or should be. I am trying to sneak out; my Mrs has a meltdown if I go to a sky match. To be fair, she does have a point; we pay for sky and then double if I go to the game. As yet she does not know it is being televised and all relatives/football-friendly neighbours have been sworn to silence, so don't split on me!

You need to grow a pair of bollocks mate... Just tell her you're going, if she doesn't like it that's her problem... She will end up walking all over you and then she will probably shag your best mate.. I would have no sympathy as you appear to be a big wet lettuce!

I have not charged you for this advice.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A bloke going to a football match doesn't count as scorning a woman.

She probably resents you for the fact that you don't stand up to her. Seriously, just tell her you're going, what's the worst she can do?

Let's see, short of murder....

- burn the OP's possessions.
- self inflict an injury to get the OP arrested and investigated for Domestic Violence.
- change the locks while the OP is out

I'm sure there is more :lolol:

:whistle:
I'm not going , all that walking in Derby last sat has taken its toll
regards
DR

You mean you actually went to a game? You paid £30 (maybe £33 on the day) for a ticket? You also paid for your own transport? You sat in the corner on a hard plastic chair?

I'm sure you will be back to telling us what poor value for money the Amex is vey soon.......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let's see, short of murder....

- burn the OP's possessions.
- self inflict an injury to get the OP arrested and investigated for Domestic Violence.
- change the locks while the OP is out

I'm sure there is more :lolol:

Joking aside, all of the above are the sort of things that can and do happen to male victims of domestic abuse, much of which comes in the form of physiological bulling or, in this case, irrational levels of control. If that really is what would happen if he got caught going to the football, then he should get out of the relationship.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Currently available:-

North = 358
WSL = 704
WSU = 305
South = 232
ESL = 215
ESU = 492

And I suspect half of S1F will not be needed for home fans.....
That (c.2.3K) doesn't seem like many available...? Add in 1K South Stand and miscellaneous empties and you'd get a gate of 27,450 which would be excellent. I'd have thought 26K is more likely.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People that don't turn up due to " it being on TV , pub, hungover from works do, no money, shopping, KO time" are not true fans, its the biggest game of the season so far!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You need to grow a pair of bollocks mate... Just tell her you're going, if she doesn't like it that's her problem... She will end up walking all over you and then she will probably shag your best mate.. I would have no sympathy as you appear to be a big wet lettuce!

I have not charged you for this advice.

This advice has been truly life-changing and whats more it is free . .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
People that don't turn up due to " it being on TV , pub, hungover from works do, no money, shopping, KO time" are not true fans, its the biggest game of the season so far!

Or maybe it is just their prerogative to do with their day as they choose fit, and don't give a monkeys bollocks what the 'true supporters' think. It's all very self deluding isn't it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Or maybe it is just their prerogative to do with their day as they choose fit, and don't give a monkeys bollocks what the 'true supporters' think. It's all very self deluding isn't it?
Yes it is, for them

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Get a ladder for your high horse.
uploadfromtaptalk1450455700687.jpg[emoji6] [emoji106]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The reasons you have given will sadly mean that the crowd is not as good as it could be - or should be. I am trying to sneak out; my Mrs has a meltdown if I go to a sky match. To be fair, she does have a point; we pay for sky and then double if I go to the game. As yet she does not know it is being televised and all relatives/football-friendly neighbours have been sworn to silence, so don't split on me!

Simple answer here, get rid of Sky, I know Hastings is a fair distance from the AMEX but surely it's better than being an armchair fan.

Football is not a TV show.
#AMF

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
29000+

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Simple answer here, get rid of Sky, I know Hastings is a fair distance from the AMEX but surely it's better than being an armchair fan.

Football is not a TV show.
#AMF

Here's a better tip: keep Sky, get rid of your wife. Life is too short to spend it living in misery with a control freak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here