Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts signing today [4:30 announcement]

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
LOL.

He has been their captain for pre season you CLOWN.

New manager spots talent.

Aston Villa are set to name Darren Bent as captain. The England international will deputise for ill Stiliyan Petrov.

Darren Bent to be Aston Villa captain | Mail Online

Villa to go with Bent as captain | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Darren Bent keen to hang on to skipper Star

Yes and I'm the clown, focus more on your own football club instead of others and you might not end up looking like a complete tit :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We need an Olympic-style countdown clock.

6....5....4....3....2...1.... Ladies the Gentlemen - MR LEON KNIGHT!!!!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Ross McCormack is awaiting a fresh contract offer from Leeds United amid growing signs that the striker will remain at Elland Road next season.

Speaking ahead of last night’s 1-1 draw with Sandefjord in Norway, McCormack revealed that he and the club were again looking to extend his deal and prevent him leaving Elland Road before the closure of the transfer window.

McCormack – United’s top scorer last season – was widely expected to be sold by Leeds this summer after turning down a previous contract offer in May, and Huddersfield Town, Crystal Palace and Bristol City have all expressed interest.

Blackburn Rovers could also be tempted to refocus their attention on a player linked with them after losing new signing Leon Best to a serious knee injury.

However, Leeds manager Neil Warnock seems increasingly reluctant to lose McCormack having failed to avert the £3million sale of Robert Snodgrass, another of United’s reliable goalscorers.

The two sides appear to be edging towards a compromise, with McCormack insisting his “first choice” would be to stay at Elland Road.

The extension of a deal which expires in June 2013 would remove the risk of Leeds losing the forward on a free transfer in 12 months’ time. McCormack, who scored twice in last week’s friendly at Torquay United, received the captain’s armband from Warnock in Norway last night and played out 68 minutes despite suffering a minor injury.

Leeds fans think any deal for CMS is likely to be one way and not a swap. Overall they seem very happy. Personally i would be disappointed, but await what Gus has in mind for us. A swap still leaves us short up front.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
What is bound to happen is that Nothing will happen until around 2 when i go into a meeting so i miss all the intial excitment.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
aston villa are set to name darren bent as captain. The england international will deputise for ill stiliyan petrov.

darren bent to be aston villa captain | mail online

villa to go with bent as captain | premiership news | tribalfootball.com

darren bent keen to hang on to skipper star

yes and i'm the clown, focus more on your own football club instead of others and you might not end up looking like a complete tit :lolol:

pre season

Aston Villa | AVTV | Interviews | Interviews | Delph honoured to captain team

Go back into your corner.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'd love to know how much Leeds are gonna table a bid for CMS, it's got to be around the £3million mark considering we got him for £2.5million, If I was a Leeds fan I'd be hot and cold on this because we spent a lot on him and it didn't turn out the right move, bit of a risk they're taking if the move is to be one way.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
2 minutes until the real wait...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So is this happening or what? My lunch finishes in 15 minutes....

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

So what if he's captain in pre season? It means nothing, There was a story from about a week ago saying they want to loan him out to get first team football as he's just came back from an ankle injury.

Calderon has captained us, doesn't mean he's automatically going to be captain because he might not even be a regular starter next season.

Deary me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'd love to know how much Leeds are gonna table a bid for CMS, it's got to be around the £3million mark considering we got him for £2.5million, If I was a Leeds fan I'd be hot and cold on this because we spent a lot on him and it didn't turn out the right move, bit of a risk they're taking if the move is to be one way.

For goodness sake, he is not a risk, he is the real deal, we just didn't use him properly, no decent consistent on the deck service.......

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
For goodness sake, he is not a risk, he is the real deal, we just didn't use him properly, no decent consistent on the deck service.......

How do you know? For all anyone could know, he might not get the correct service there either. It is a slight risk spending £3million on him IMO, I'd be delighted with the money though.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nothing mentioned about a signing at 1pm on the official Seagulls Twitter.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Nothing mentioned about a signing at 1pm on the official Seagulls Twitter.

The rumour was 'after 1' meaning that 1pm was the earliest possible that everything can be tied up. Maybe nothing will happen until this evening, or this could be yet another day of constantly checking NSC with no real news happenning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here