Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts - lucky to stay on the pitch?

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Think how pissed off the Posh fans would have been if his 90th minute header had gone in.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Looked a definite red to me. The ref was awful. Just awful.

He based the majority of decisions on context, rather than whether something was actually a foul. Upson should have been booked. How the hell Ulloa didn't get any more free kicks is also beyond me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Looked a definite red to me. The ref was awful. Just awful.

He based the majority of decisions on context, rather than whether something was actually a foul. Upson should have been booked. How the hell Ulloa didn't get any more free kicks is also beyond me.

Yep. Spot on with that assessment.

Did anyone else think that players from both sides deliberately controlled the ball with their arms quite a few times last night?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yep. Spot on with that assessment.

Did anyone else think that players from both sides deliberately controlled the ball with their arms quite a few times last night?

Orlandi did a few times in the second half, but good luck to him coz he's one of ours:wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought that referee realised that he had made a mistake in not sending Crofts off and spent the rest of the game giving Peterborough everything

It certainly sounded like the home crowd were unduly influencing him after the incident.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
I thought he got the ball from 90 yards away. Radio Cambridge on the way back were adamant it was a stone**** (insert preferred ending) foul and red. Ref was awful and was a complete homer after that incident.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
No, its stone-wall as in obvious, solid, clear cut. Stone-cold means nothing of the sort

So why not a brick wall penalty? Both make no sense.

Stonewall means to delay or obstruct. It's a verb, not an adjective. e.g. Our defence stonewalled the palace attack.

Stone-cold means absolute, completely etc. e.g. Stone cold sober.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
from the highlights. blatant professional foul, equally blatant dive. "contact" isn't an automatic trigger for a foul if you touch their leg then they take two strides and collapse afterwards.

wouldn't be surprised if he got a red, but I'm not surprised he got nothing, 6 of one...

TPS

May 17, 2012
East Prston
I was in the home end quite close to this incident, it was a definate foul and in my opinion a sending off as the guy was through, the covering defender would not have got to him before he got his shot off.

The ref was awful, for both teams!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here