Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cristian Portugués Manzanera

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not at all.

He's not bad, but also unlikely to set the league on fire.

Has a decent record for Girona in La Liga - I'm not convinced he'd be a starter, but I could certainly see him as a useful squad player.

Are you concerned he might be a bit David Rodriguez?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Are you concerned he might be a bit David Rodriguez?

There could be a bit of that, although he's more of an attacking midfielder whereas Rodriguez was (allegedly) an out-and-out striker. Overall I'd say Portu is a better player than Rodriguez though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Rodriguez lol name from the past.

Stats for him looked brilliant. At the time looked like would easily be a success.

Turned out was toilet.

Strange as left us and is still banging in goals

Premier league very tough

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Would also point out he looks quite similar (at least to me) to a certain Mr A. Mac Allister. Could lead to some confusion?

Maybe we could sign someone who looks like Percy Tau eh ! Who needs work permits then eh!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His age plus his stats suggest at Prem level you're looking at a bench option. I think at £9 mill our money would be better spent going towards the fee for a 1st teamer like Camarasa or Jarrod Bowen.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
OMB!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Rodriguez lol name from the past.

Stats for him looked brilliant. At the time looked like would easily be a success.

Turned out was toilet.

Strange as left us and is still banging in goals

Premier league very tough

Not sure where you sit but I sit in WSU near halfway line. Rodriguez would make run after run into space but no one would pass to him. I think he would have been a different player in a counter attacking team which broke with pace.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
4aa4b647d6fa1207bf07cdaf523dc76b.jpg

She looks like she would be a handful for the opposition too.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
According to the Argus we are interested and Portu wants his future sorted out by the time he gets married on Saturday, with Real Sociedad struggling to find a payment plan that Girona will agree to, that would appear to leave the door open to the Albion or West Ham if they move for him this week.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
According to the Argus we are interested and Portu wants his future sorted out by the time he gets married on Saturday, with Real Sociedad struggling to find a payment plan that Girona will agree to, that would appear to leave the door open to the Albion or West Ham if they move for him this week.

...& he wants to stay in Spain...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
His age plus his stats suggest at Prem level you're looking at a bench option. I think at £9 mill our money would be better spent going towards the fee for a 1st teamer like Camarasa or Jarrod Bowen.

He turned 27 a couple of weeks ago. His stats aren't bad considering he's often played as an attacking midfielder rather than a striker.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here