Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cringeworthy Palarse !!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Automatic promotion? LMFAO. Your be midtable dross next year at best.

I would be happy again with that, being another year in establishing ourselves as a Championship club.
I have seen what happens to clubs who get into a downward spiral like us in the 80's, Wolves, Pompey, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Coventry and Sheffield Utd.
Hopefully your downward slide starts next season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For gods sake man show me the proof of you argument, like I have with your club (with your 1651 creditors owing them £31mill) and not hearsay, is all I am asking.

He can't. It's 'common knowledge' means it's gossip amongst Palace fans to make them feel better about cheating the system twice.
As Blue Valkyrie rightly pointed out we would have been liquidated as we didn't have any assets to be able to go into administration. We came close but sold players, raised money in many ways including the 40 note fund, Alive & Kicking campaign, even sold Norman Cook a 'parking spot' for £1 million, etc until Tony was in a position to pay for the club.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Oh so that makes everything OK then does it, two incompetent owners allows you as a club to get away with stealing money from local businesses, banks, loan companies and the tax payer.?
Saying these guys were incompetent makes everything OK and every Palace fan can walk around holding their heads up high knowing the their club are basically thieves.
It never fails to amaze you that this gets mentioned when your club continues, as you keep telling us, for 30 years in the top division because of this. And this amazes' you that you get this from fans of a club who have suffered terribly, because we have never taken the thieves route? Well then old boy be amazed.
I would have much preferred you as a club, had gone the Chester and Maidstone route.

Still bitter headband? Cpfc2011 nothing to do with previous owners......see other comments re Archer robbing small businesses in Brighton....funny how that's OK....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still bitter headband? Cpfc2011 nothing to do with previous owners......see other comments re Archer robbing small businesses in Brighton....funny how that's OK....

As has been said above, please provide proof that Archer or BHA robbed small businesses. We can provide proof that you did.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

OH here we go another one, perhaps you can back up your claim about Archer robbing these businesses by showing me proof or are you another hearsay merchant?
And the new owners of Southampton had nothing to do with the previous owners but paid their debts for the good name of the club. Will Palace do the same now it is coming into some money?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I would be happy again with that, being another year in establishing ourselves as a Championship club.
I have seen what happens to clubs who get into a downward spiral like us in the 80's, Wolves, Pompey, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Coventry and Sheffield Utd.
Hopefully your downward slide starts next season.

You seem very bitter , why do you always bring up administration when we have bragging rights ? Is it some form of self preservation mechanism ? It only seems to bother you lot and it really manifests itself when you are down . You have more pressing things to worry about ATM .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Because it is something that gets under your skin. a fact in your not so proud history. One fact that cannot ever be erased and one that helped you maintain your status.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
[/B]

I rather think it will be to all the creditors that your club stole money from twice in just over a decade, you should be thanking.
You definitely owe them, without them you would not be here today, Like Chester and Maidstone. Without them you would have been dead by now.
Surely if you are such a great and honourable club the first thing you will do is repay all those people with your new found riches, before any thoughts of improving Selhurst. These are the people who after all saved you not Sky subscribers.

Can't be bothered to answer the same old point again. See previous thread a couple of weeks back.

Every club is living outside their means to a little of greater extent and are only caught out when their rich benefactor goes away for any reason. Brighton are no different in that they simply wouldn't exist in their current without their owner gifting them 120m. The fact that you lose 9m pa shows how screwed football is financially ie tickets sales are becoming an irrelevance in the top two divisions

Morning Major
You having great respect for our club ? I very much doubt it !
As you previously have stated, our club has only been in existence since 2010, so why should the current owners pay for previous owners mistakes ?
Chin up.

fair enough - you have no footballing history since 2010. So drop all this bolloxs about 35 years in the top two - you have 3 seasons ,and no championships to your name.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
fair enough - you have no footballing history since 2010. So drop all this bolloxs about 35 years in the top two - you have 3 seasons ,and no championships to your name.

Pipe down, TheMajor. One promotion to the top flight since 2010 is as many as the Albion has achieved in 102 years.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
It doesn't matter how you try and dress it up - headband is correct. Would have great respect for your Club if they paid back what they owe - or are you a separate club now and severed all ties with your former self?

Your concern for Simon Jordan is touching - though I think it's a bit rich to ask Martin Long to pay back Simon Jordan when Martin Long was one of those owed money by Simon Jordan.

Still, I know you're reacting out of pain and bitterness, so I don't expect you to make any more sense than you normally do :)

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012

Oh the irony.

Just for the record Major.

Brighton had the lowest away to home support ratio outside the premiership in all of England. So give you attendance nonsense a rest. Plastic fans.

Oh the irony.

Brighton had the lowest away to home support ratio outside the premiership in all of England. So give you attendance nonsense a rest. Plastic fans.

I didn't mention attendances - but now you've got me going. As we have the biggest/best home support outside the premiership our PERCENTAGE RATIO to our away fans would always be low - we'd have to be taking about double yours to have the same ratio. Give me plastic fans as opposed to no fans all day long.

However, the forthcoming season will be a test of attendances. Imagine if poor little Brighton average higher home attendances than the mighty Palace , who will be playing in a higher league. Now that would be embarrassing for you.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
lest you forget i gave you lot £20, as did my Son.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I didn't mention attendances - but now you've got me going. As we have the biggest/best home support outside the premiership our PERCENTAGE RATIO to our away fans would always be low - we'd have to be taking about double yours to have the same ratio. Give me plastic fans as opposed to no fans all day long.

Interesting. I'd take loyal hardcore fans over plastics and fair weathers myself, but then I'm not an owner so it's easy to say. The plastics are definitely good for business even if they are shit for atmosphere and, as you've found, don't travel. Still, that probably makes the atmosphere on yor away days better, as you've got the proper hardcore Brighton who stayed with the club through thick and thin.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh the irony.

I've heard it all now.......

The thing with ratio's is that if you have 28 - 30k at home, inevitably the amount of tickets even received away is only 2k, of course the, ratio will look unbalanced.

:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here