Criminal Justice BBC1

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Compelling TV this week, some of the most incredible acting as well. Really moving.....well done the BBC.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Compelling TV this week, some of the most incredible acting as well. Really moving.....well done the BBC.

Have to say I don't watch much on the BBC but that was great work all round.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the previous one with the boy framed for murder was better. I think the verdict and prison term were about right.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
a whole week (no pun intended!) wasted. all she had to do was say she was 'done up the ronny' as soon as she was arrested and that would have been the end of it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What happened in the end? She didn't get off did she?

I've watched it on and off this week, but started posting shit on here rather than watch the end for some reason. :shrug:

The whole thing didn't really wash with me. The turning point of the story was that he was bumming her, the look on the female jurors faces when she blurted out "he was buggering me" was priceless. Someone needs to tell the writer that it's not the 50s and lots of people have anal sex now, it's not taboo anymore, and certainly not a good enough reason to stab someone and get away with it in a court of law. Totally unrealistic.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Agree totally. Maxine Peake was amazing. Award winning performance surely? She was good in Red Riding too. Not seen her in anything else I don't think?

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
slow, dull and cliche. why they wasted 5 days on this, i do not know. the premise was not exactly new or cliche, could have tried to do something new that usually goes unreported and domestic violence against men, but i guess that doesn't fit in with the warped view of the bbc.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought it was pretty good - although I agree that last year's was better.

The ending was dreadful though - melodramatic nonsense. And there was no explanation as to why the baby was taken into care - the father would inevitably be consulted; social workers these days are very reluctant to break up families, so there'd have to be very good reasons why a child had to be taken into care. That was just nonsense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the last episode was compelling, and it had me wondering was it because I had put so much effort into watching what was a very slow programme.
Last years was much better.

Re the baby, I don't think they ever said where she was going, just that any sentence longer than 18 months, meant she wasn't staying, with mum.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I'm shocked that anyone uses Vaseline anymore.
Totally unrealistic, BBC!
KY for all that backdoor shenanigans in my house matey.:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An above average show it was slow but should not have taken five programs.
But is it only slow, because we have become so used to 'now, now, I want it now'?
Do we take our time and wait patiently for anything, anymore?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports