Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket World Cup

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
NZ 101-0 off 13.2 Is this 50 overs a side or 20/20?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Here we go, anyone staying up...

Me and my mate are pulling the night shift. Sat with duvets and bags of Doritos, like a 12 year olds slumber party.

As I tyoe McCullums just gone. Gutted. Been awesome so far

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The band sound like they're about 10.

Stumpy Tim

I love cricket, but I just don't think we're set up as a country to be successful at this form of the game. Test cricket is just too important - and I 100% agree with that. I love test cricket.

Back in the early 90's any team could win these one day tournaments, but Sri Lanka in 96 taught the world how to play one day cricket - and unfortunately we haven't bothered to learn. We've finally dropped Cook, but it's too late. His sacking has set my excitement level at 5, up from 2 with Cook in charge. It's a shame we lost to Pakistan as we were just getting some momentum.

We simply don't have the death bowlers, "key"players are overrated (Broad shouldn't be playing), and we seem to find a way of losing.

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
Windies 87/5 at the halfway point in their innings. With Gayle, Smith and Samuels all gone, Sammy would appear to be key to their chances of posting something competitive.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Stayed up to watch the WI IRE game, amazing scenes. Ireland Currently 285-4, needing 19 off 49 balls. I think they've got this y'know.

Windies have been poor in the field, their captain dropping Ed Joyce, who looked solid all night. Quality stuff.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Excellent game. Chased 300+ .... Excellent, cracking game.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Great stuff from the Irish! They will be above England in the rankings soon at this rate :). Well actually they won't, as England will poach their players again - they can have Eoin Morgan back to soften the blow.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great stuff from the Irish! They will be above England in the rankings soon at this rate :). Well actually they won't, as England will poach their players again

Dockrell is a better spin option than any of the England players - he's still only 22, plenty of time to reach his peak

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Very sad to see the West Indies ongoing decline, there are no new Viv Richards or Michael Holdings that's for sure.

I wonder if the West Indies will play cricket to any sort of professional standard in 20 years or so?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here