Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
With you on that one at least! And Robison should have blasted it past Bailey instead of passing to Smith!

I was referring to a game being played at the Dell. Don't think there was anything untoward at the Cup Final.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Referring to your comment about being on the news. I thought Dickie had passed away.

No he hasn’t. He is very well

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Colinz hasn't gone on (and on and on and on and on) quite as much about the Stokes 'two' to fine leg, that the NZ fielder almost certainly touched the boundary whilst stopping, and that they inexplicably only replayed from one (wrong) angle.

I make that England won in 50 overs, by two runs...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well, that's the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year team award sorted out already...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was referring to a game being played at the Dell. Don't think there was anything untoward at the Cup Final.

Yes, I know you were. Nothing untoward about the Cup Final except for still feeling 'We should have/deserved to win that'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Kiwi's making excuses, zzzzz. They played great you lost guys to the old country.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Exactly that the act was the ball hitting the bat deflecting it to the boundary

This
The crucial clause is the last part. A review of the footage of the incident shows clearly that, at the moment the ball was released by the New Zealand fielder, Martin Guptill, Stokes and his partner, Adil Rashid, had not yet crossed for their second run.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Colinz hasn't gone on (and on and on and on and on) quite as much about the Stokes 'two' to fine leg, that the NZ fielder almost certainly touched the boundary whilst stopping, and that they inexplicably only replayed from one (wrong) angle.

Got any footage ?

D

Deleted member 18477

I always feel you need all the heartache, to feel the highs of emotion.

1999, 2003, 2007, 2015 Aussie dominance with India in between.

That’s why the Ashes of 2005 felt so good as we had been battered for years!

What a match, what emotion, what sweet ecstasy seeing England finally lift the big one!

That’s 2 out of 3 in my lifetime (Rugby and Cricket) so can we please somehow lift the football World Cup now!

You can bet your bottom dollar it’s going to be tense and probably in a penalty shoot out if we ever do it again but it will be absolutely magical if it does happen!

This is why I love sport! You just cannot replicate the swaying of emotion in anything else as it all happens in the blink of an eye!

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
England won the match fairly based on the ICC rules this tournament has been played under, namely boundary count after a tie/tie, but what on earth possessed the ICC to choose such a meaningless option? Runs are runs, one boundary is no more valid than four singles. It would have been much better to carry on with a second super over, or at least go by the wicket count, as they always used to. It's like they thought, meh, it's never going to happen, just put anything down and lets get back to our lunch.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And if VAR had correctly sent off Walker we might have got to the cup final

And if VAR had been used in every fixture instead of those just at Premier League grounds, we'd've been playing Swansea, not City in the semi final

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Enjoyed the game and thrilling climax but as someone who isn't a cricket aficionado it strkes me as rather bizarre that they go to the lengths of a super over rather than base it on least wickets lost?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I thought he'd hit the boundary on that one, they only showed the replay that one time and like you say from a bad angle. But actually i thought that you could see lines on the boundary marker that gave the impression something was pushing against it, and then they disappeared after his foot went in the air. To me I thought that showed something was pushing against the boundary marker.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Proximity? There are more than 2,500 miles between NZ and Australia - they're about as close as England and Turkey

This is what caused the sporting rivalry. Go to the 5 minute mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here