Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Sod the decision of the toss.

A more important decision is what time to crack open the first beer of the day.......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I just hear "Sussex by the sea"?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wicket

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nope

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
1 down 8 on the board.... damn!!! Plum except one thing, just too high.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
VAR has ruined cricket. No point even celebrating a wicket now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Are these reviews shown on the big screen at the ground? Sounds like the reviewer is reading each step of the process out over the PA for the crowd to hear too. All worked really well I thought.

As it seems we're stuck with the shambles that is VAR in football. Can't we do VAR this way? , keeping the crowd informed at every step of the way and with minimal delay?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Are these reviews shown on the big screen at the ground? Sounds like the reviewer is reading each step of the process out over the PA for the crowd to hear too. All worked really well I thought.

As it seems we're stuck with the shambles that is VAR in football. Can't we do VAR this way? , keeping the crowd informed at every step of the way and with minimal delay?

Cricket, as we know, is played at an amble, so reviews are quite exciting, it is also far more technical than football, decisions are invariably correct. Football is a different animal altogether and is still liable to human error. Reviews have become part of the excitement in cricket.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
VAR has ruined cricket. No point even celebrating a wicket now.

I know you're only joking.

But seriously... VAR works great in tennis and cricket, and to some extent Rugby. It will be always take something away from football for me though, regardless of how much they manage to improve the current process.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cricket, as we know, is played at an amble, so reviews are quite exciting, it is also far more technical than football, decisions are invariably correct. Football is a different animal altogether and is still liable to human error. Reviews have become part of the excitement in cricket.

100% agree. And it's why I've always been against VAR in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here