Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket. TMS or Sky ?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
TMS is good but has become a bit of a caricature of itself, my problem is that its far too negative toward England. Sky so cricket very well and I have loved the master classes in particular

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
They're both quite good in their own way. There's a wealth of experience and insight in the Sky box. The last couple of tests Tufnell and Blofeld have been absent from the TMS box and it hasn't been quite as entertaining as a result. Agnew and Boycott are always amusing when they are on together though.

D

Deleted member 18477

I really like the Sky coverage. Happy with it so i'll stick with that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
TMS is IMO the better of the two but I do miss Christopher Martin-Jenkins and do not rate either of the professional Yorkshiremen they now employ. After a quiet start I am beginning to think Simon Mann is a very, very astute commentator.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They're both excellent. But with Sky you don't get Boycott or c-list celebs talking about how much they like cricket and their role in Downtown Abbey

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
When Vaughan started on TMS he was far too blokey for my liking, spending too much time rabbiting on about beering it up with the barmy army. Once he settled in and started talking tactics he's been a revelation. There's a guy who knows how to set a field. I bloody well love TMS and regularly listen on I-player to previous days' play knowing full well what's happened. TMS all the way.

That said I do like Sky when Hussain is sat between Gower and Holding. I am fully aware of how uncool I am among my friends but I don't have to deal with being outgunned to that extent.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I personally prefer TMS, but Sky's coverage is also excellent. It is rare to find a sport that is so well covered in this country.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
TMS is IMO the better of the two but I do miss Christopher Martin-Jenkins and do not rate either of the professional Yorkshiremen they now employ. After a quiet start I am beginning to think Simon Mann is a very, very astute commentator.

Somewhat agree about Mann, although I find his intonation somewhat irritating. Totally agree re CMS, he was superb; I sometimes felt that I was receiving an education in the game from his commentary, sadly missed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If I was blind or driving TMS but if I am at home Sky, its never as exciting listening to sport compared to watching it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here