Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket in a football ground?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The Drippingn Pan in Lewes used to be used for cricket matches, and i've heard that one of the first Australian touring sides played a match there, but don't know if there is any truth in it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bradford was home to Bradford Park Avenue and a county cricket venue (I think Jim Laker took 10 wickets there at one point).

I remember the limited overs game at the Goldstone but does anyone remember the Albion playing cricket there? It would have been in the late 70s and I remember that Ken Tiler looked quite a decent player. For the life of me, I can't remember who it was against - a Sussex team?

Oct 25, 2003
there was a cricket game at the millenium stadium a few years back- plus there are aussie stadiums used for both, and infact NZ stadiums that are used for cricket and rugby

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can do it the other way around, as the Albion used to play at the county ground.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
No doubt i'm opening myself up for a right piss taking here. I don't know anything about cricket but could you play a match in a football ground or would it be too small?

you could do years ago but unless its a very low league football & cricket standard then theres no chance today (i.e. BHA groundsharing with SussexCCC for example). The advancements in both fields of groundsmanship over the years mean the two could never overlap each other effectively.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Well, I wouldn't fancy facing a quick on a wicket prepared on a centre circle of a footy pitch. Did they lay a temporary artificial down to make it playable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here