[Cricket] Cricket- England Tour of the West Indies- December 2023- ODI/T20

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Perhaps some may question the wisdom of the tour after that tournament, but I'm sure a few folks will have booked a pre-Christmas jolly. Probably just as well given how poorly attended matches are over there now. It's a shame to see the Windies in the place they are now. My mind immediately gives me an image of the great Joel Garner and his giant reach raining the ball down on hapless English openers. If I could wish those days back.

So it's a Potteresque and much resigned 'it is what it is' and at least we have some bat n' ball. A gentle snack before the inevitable biffing by India in the proper format come late January. That's the one I'm really looking forward to. But, still, I'll have the box on for this. It beats soppy Christmas movies.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Perhaps some may question the wisdom of the tour after that tournament, but I'm sure a few folks will have booked a pre-Christmas jolly. Probably just as well given how poorly attended matches are over there now. It's a shame to see the Windies in the place they are now. My mind immediately gives me an image of the great Joel Garner and his giant reach raining the ball down on hapless English openers. If I could wish those days back.

So it's a Potteresque and much resigned 'it is what it is' and at least we have some bat n' ball. A gentle snack before the inevitable biffing by India in the proper format come late January. That's the one I'm really looking forward to. But, still, I'll have the box on for this. It beats soppy Christmas movies.
Agreed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep all feels a bit pointless, ironically I suppose there’s an element of freshness out of the West Indies not qualifying for the World Cup so they had an even worse time of it than us

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Far to much international cricket now Just another reason county cricket is so poor. Unless it is against Australia unlikely to see the best team put out. All countries are the same. I see India and Australia played a 20/20 tournament days after world cup '
I liked days of one tour in the winter with best squad. I saw England play in Australia and South Africa but would not go now

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Highest West Indies run chase in the Caribbean and 2nd highest ever did they say on commentary?
I don't know. But England seem rather good at handing out records to teams at the moment.

Sam Curran- 19 off his last over. Not sure what happened the most sought after international white ball bowler since the T20 World Cup.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ah, there was a thread. Didn't see it.

Was this being shown anywhere?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't know. But England seem rather good at handing out records to teams at the moment.

Sam Curran- 19 off his last over. Not sure what happened the most sought after international white ball bowler since the T20 World Cup.
I'm glad I've got a Seagulls Travel coach place on Wednesday for Brentford so I don't have to watch any of the 2nd ODI.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This series really has barely registered for me, stupid timings don’t help but feels very pointless after the World Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports