Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket bats...

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Guys i need some help. I have a puma ballistic 4000, short handle that i bought new last summer for £140 quid, i have used it about 10 times, it is more or less perfect condition however a chip out of the toe guard.

I am looking to sell it for about half price[negotiable], if anyone seriously wants to purchase ill take some detailed pictures to get a better imageof the bat and give you more information. However this pic is just the model bat.

puma-ballistic-3000-cricket-bat.jpg

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Well I'm looking at getting myself a Ballistic 5000 or Tribute 5000, but i'd like to have a look at your one and what condition it's in.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Alright ill take some picss, its in pretty good nick as i barely used it last year and it has been sanded down, the only real damage to is is prob some side sticker damage and toe gaurd, a little chucnk take out in the middle.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Just how many ducks were you out for then? WELL? ???

LOL, i mean 10 times as in 10 matches, well i suppose i got 2 ducks but dont be focusing on the bad side of my game lol :D I was still playing u16 last year with that bat so the bowling was slow, and had to retire at 25 so never really got going.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
You'll need to give the weight of the bat as any cricketer worth his salt would know what weight of bat they want. Personally I'm a 2lb 7oz or 2lb 8oz man myself. Opening bat, need something nice and light.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just for interest sake, I bought one of these last year. Has really helped my game. www.willostix.co.uk

Tiny company in Kent. Beautifully balanced bats. Huge sweet spot. If you come across them somewhere pick one up - you'll love it. Amazing reviews in All Out Cricket magazine.

Willow is grown in the UK and selected by the company. Then made into bats in Pakistan (I think). Blanks shipped back and half are rejected if the grain is wrong etc etc. The ones they badge up are all hand chosen by the owners.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
not a fan of woodworm, i reckon you should get a puma ballistic 4000 second hand from me :D

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
lol, i payed quite a bit for my current one.. personally i would like a newbury.. i think they make the nicest bats!

I have a series one, bit small now though, They are good bats i got it from hove, i would reccommend one if i wasnt trying to flog mine lol.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Woodworm are a triumph of marketing over quality. They have the highest return rate (broken blades) of any manufacturer apparently. I had one a couple of years ago and really regretted it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here