Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe were after Kuipers

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does this mean that MM now rates Kuipers or does not want to be embarrassed that another club clearly rates him?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I think this helps proves that agents are absolutely no good for the game whatsoever. All that Michel Kuipers' agent wants to do is make a slice of comission.

I remember what Mickey Adams' said when we used to have the old traditional transfer deadline. He said that he knew in the lead-up to the deadline agents would be calling other clubs offering his players for transfer...Also he would be getting calls from agents offering him players already contracted to other clubs. This is totally wrong.

Agents are also responsible for players getting paid the over-the-top wages that they do. Just think how much more money clubs could have if they were not paying these inflated wages on top of agents fees. Sadly I cannot see agents ever going away...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The agent has every right to seek a new club for Kuipers as he is out of contract at the end of the season.But to say he is available on a free is a joke without informing the club

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
algie said:
The agent has every right to seek a new club for Kuipers as he is out of contract at the end of the season.But to say he is available on a free is a joke without informing the club

He shouldn't be doing so until January 1st though. It may not be illegal but it's f***ing unethical.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky Gerbils said:
Would the club have tuned it down if Henderson could play tomorrow?

I think they would. Kuipers is proving to be excellent back up to Henderson now that he has apologised. He may not sign on again and I doubt he would command any sort of fee, but I feel we would keep him to contest for the gloves with Henderson. If Mark McGhee really didn't like him (as people suggest) he would have been out of this club a long time ago.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As far as I know, in the eyes of footballing law, clubs tap up, not agents. I'm not sure the FA could do anything unless they could prove Crewe initiated the approach, and even then it would be against Crewe, not the agent.

Edit: Ashley Cole being an example. Cole was punished, Chelsea were punished, but I don't remember anything of his agent - not sure they even can be punished, can they?

(Please somebody come and correct me on this if I'm way off....)

Doesn't sound like the sort of thing Dario Gradi would countenance anyway.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Herne Hill Seagull said:
As far as I know, in the eyes of footballing law, clubs tap up, not agents. I'm not sure the FA could do anything unless they could prove Crewe initiated the approach, and even then it would be against Crewe, not the agent.

Edit: Ashley Cole being an example. Cole was punished, Chelsea were punished, but I don't remember anything of his agent - not sure they even can be punished, can they?

(Please somebody come and correct me on this if I'm way off....)

Doesn't sound like the sort of thing Dario Gradi would countenance anyway.

Guess so!

Either way I think Kuipers will leaveon a free ifhe is tapped up or not come June!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here