Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit where credits due

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I agree with you to a point but we did show in the second half that we are capable of completing when teams press us, in the first half Hull did press us high and we capitulated with no pace in the team we were devoid of an out. In the second half by bringing 2 players on with more pace it opened the game up and allowed us to play more to our style. The fact that Hull changed their tactics at home to nullify us can be taken as a compliment but there is no avoiding the dreadful first half performance and if we want to move to the next level we desperately need more pace through out the team (players that are not injuries every other week) and we need to learn to get shots on target.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I take it you weren't there! I think if you had spent five hours driving to Hull, feeling cold and 'looking forward' to a long drive home then you might have a different opinion! Certainly most of the fans I spoke to on the night don't share your assessment.

No, I watched on television, but I did go to the debacle at Bristol last year where didn't raise a shot on goal and lost cms for season. I don't know why being there provides such an insight, you must have been busy today talking people who went the game to have such an informed opinion. We lost 2-1 as we did on Saturday, was it a forgone conclusion that if you went to Hull we would win? Some of us took the smart option and stayed at home in the warm. The footage of our supporters showed then laughing, singing and smiling,

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
All very clever trying to make the 'negativity' which Petee expressed a dislike for into a personal attack but however you try to dress it up the negativity that has been expressed regarding the Hull match has all been directed at the way we performed.

You say, "Christ there was some dire football at times but I had a great time at each of them"

I said, "I didn't say I didn't enjoy the trip either but that was mainly down to the atmosphere and because once Ulloa scored that goal we were in with a chance"

Not exactly the same words but very little difference in sentiments.

What are you on about? Of course I'm referring to your negativity regarding the Albion's performance in this thread. It's implicit in my statement you highlighted. And you're certainly not shy in making your dislikes clear. You're a serial moaner. Christ knows how you coped for all those years when we were consistently crap.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
What are you on about? Of course I'm referring to your negativity regarding the Albion's performance in this thread. It's implicit in my statement you highlighted. And you're certainly not shy in making your dislikes clear. You're a serial moaner. Christ knows how you coped for all those years when we were consistently crap.

I don't remember us ever being consistently crap, surely up to this point we have always been brilliant.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I take it you weren't there! I think if you had spent five hours driving to Hull, feeling cold and 'looking forward' to a long drive home then you might have a different opinion! Certainly most of the fans I spoke to on the night don't share your assessment.

I was there last night. I accept that we were dire in the first half for whatever reason, but also would say that we picked up a fair bit in the second (arguably after Ince got injured & Andrews was pushed back to his natural position).

You're not the bloke who was standing behind me screaming "f***ing c**t" continually at our players, were you?

Whoever he was, I found myself wondering why on earth he goes to games, as he seemed to be getting no enjoyment out of it whatsoever. He must have ridiculously high expectations. We're not poxy Chelsea, we're Brighton & Hove Albion & we are going to lose our share of games. That's how it's always been. Really: there is no need for meltdown.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I would hazard a guess that most people are disappointed because we missed out on a fantastic 6th round tie, and the possibility of getting to Wembley. Those sort of opportunities don't come along too often. OK, we played poorly in the first half of the replay, but over the two games there was little between the sides. What the second half showed (and much of the first game) was that we can play some very neat football at times. Some of the youngsters showed up very well (Dunk, March, Ince), and others gained valuable experience. What I particularly noticed last night (second half) was the way we closed down the opposition - we're getting MUCH better at that (an aspect of our game which was fairly lacking under Poyet). It's disappointing to lose - but we were playing a Premier League team, who happened to score a couple of goals which on another day wouldn't have been conceded. Let's not slit our wrists!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I was there last night. I accept that we were dire in the first half for whatever reason, but also would say that we picked up a fair bit in the second (arguably after Ince got injured & Andrews was pushed back to his natural position).

You're not the bloke who was standing behind me screaming "f***ing c**t" continually at our players, were you?

Whoever he was, I found myself wondering why on earth he goes to games, as he seemed to be getting no enjoyment out of it whatsoever. He must have ridiculously high expectations. We're not poxy Chelsea, we're Brighton & Hove Albion & we are going to lose our share of games. That's how it's always been. Really: there is no need for meltdown.

I most certainly was not!!!!

Have never shouted abuse at any of our players.

I was one of the guys who stayed stood up applauding our players as they one by one came over to acknowledge the few fans remaining.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Serial moaner - whatever you like - the facts simply don't support that view though.

I hold my hands up to the charge of being negative about last nights Albion performance on this thread, and others! - I don't apologise for that in any way - up to about the 60th minute I saw very little to be positive about - any one who says or agrees with, "I have no complaints", is entitled to that opinion but don't expect me to agree.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would hazard a guess that most people are disappointed because we missed out on a fantastic 6th round tie,

In a way I'm quite glad we're not in the next round as there's no way it would have been seen as Albion v Sunderland in the FA Cup QF, It would have just turned into an Oscar v Poyet comparison among fans and we get enough of that now without the Two of them coming head to head so soon after Poyet's departure. It's a shame to miss out on the financial benefits but I suspect the media circus and hype surrounding the return of Poyet to the Amex and the constant dragging up of poo'gate and Poyet's sacking is something the club can live without as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here