Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crazy Gang

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Terry Gibson, who played in the cup final side and was with the crazy gang, has just been on Talksport. Nice unassuming chap and was really embarrassed by the programme.
It seems that the accounts of Fash and Jones were fabrication which have annoyed the other team members who were there at the time.
Gibson chose his words carefully, but the bullying is a myth, he stated that the two have probably told those stories and topped them up so many times over the years that they actually believe them.
Gibson was asked whether as the programme as depicted, whether Fash locked a team mate in the dressing room for a couple of days with no food, he answered that it did not happen. Same as whether either threatened John Barnes in the tunnel before the ko in the final, Gibson who was there said it never happened.
Whether Jones had a fight in the changing room and ended up with 24 stitches in a leg wound, apparently it was a little scuffle and Jones ended up with a calf injury, no blood or stitches.
Gibson was asked whether Jones was a hard man, Gibson just stated no, but there were some hard centre forwards and defenders in the 80's, but not Jones.
Good interview, truthful, by an embarrassed and slightly annoyed (although he hid it, but was probably steaming) Terry Gibson.

Oct 25, 2003
i've always thought that if you call yourselves 'the crazy gang' you're probably a bunch of dicks. seems very forced "look at us! look how CRAZY we are!"

they had it written on their shirts at one point didn't they

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
John Fashanu was always a pretty nasty bit of work in my view, think he is the only player I know to be red carded when stretchered off a pitch.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I know I'm late to the game here, but only just got around to watching this.
Interesting if nothing else, but what a bellend Fash is...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here