Crawley VS Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Dunk was poor, misplaced paces and slow at the back.

Crawleys right back is very good.

Good work out for us, Buckley had a few goes at el abd in second half haha.

Brez and the Latvian were good.

Rohan ince = Robert codner

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Liked the look of Ince. The introduction of the first team in the second half quickened our play. If orlandi is going to play off the striker we need cover. I think Oscar will play two holding midfielders.

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Difficult to gauge what the plan was.

Gone was the 5-6 passes between the centre-halfs.

Gone was the absolute fear of giving the ball away.

More passes through the middle.

Much more shots than normal from range.

PS: Despite the constant complaints from posters re the admin of Brighton.......it was good to go to a League 1 club and see how hopelessly dis-organised and amateurish their ticket office and food outlets were.

That screams confidence to me. Great stuff.

Impressive display, particularly LuaLua who had their new rightback on toast. The 66 minute team coming on played the best football, but am obviously hoping the lone striker policy won't stop turning that dominance into goals.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Interesting to hear Naylor describe OG's 'shoot on sight' policy, how refreshing. You can't score if you don't shoot. I wonder if OG also places greater emphasis on shooting practice because certainly Bridders and Crofts would benefit.

I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully we'll be turning ourselves into a dangerous attacking team now, as good as we were with having possession last year.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully we'll be turning ourselves into a dangerous attacking team now, as good as we were with having possession last year.

Bring back Gus! Where are our Flairniacs passing the ball to another glorious 0-0.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
A lot more Albion there last night than a year ago, good to see & lots of little ones kitted up.

Also loved Oscar acknowledging the crowd at least 3 different times when his name was sung.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As an aside, I trust Richie Barker was given a decent reception from the away fans?

Of the 4, 1 was texting, 2 were chatting about Kerry Mayo, and the other was in the lavvy.

Why on earth did they not sell terrace tickets for cash as we went through the turnstile?

After waiting 30 minutes at one of 4 windows, I was expecting it to be heaving when I got inside. Alas, is was half empty (not the Brighton end, and why oh why were we not given more seats?)

I, with many others was enjoying a leisurely beer at 'Redz Bar', unaware I would have to wait 30 minutes to buy a ticket. Had I know this, I would have not left the beer drinking area at 1930.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Out of interest did anyone else see the Crawley mascot attempt to give a high ten to some little girl on crutches? Highly embarrassing for him I thought!

Feck me - are we are the new Peterborough ? :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports