Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley v Derby - another Cup upset?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I know few people have a soft spot for Crawley as they seem closer to Sarf London and Palace than anything, but they ARE still a SUSSEX club and have a tasty chance of an upset with Derby visiting on Monday ...

Savage says the Rams are on "a hiding to nothing":
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9345279.stm

Anyone thinking of going? And what chance a Crawley win for the TV cameras (again)?

Last edited:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Just signed up to two free months on ESPN so will probably watch it on there.

But now you've got me thinking about going to the Broadfield to watch it. Be good to see another Sussex club doing well.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not going but would love to see my home town club progess, especially as the only other time I can remember them playing league opposition the draw was most unfortunate :(

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Not going but would love to see my home town club progess, especially as the only other time I can remember them playing league opposition the draw was most unfortunate :(

I went to the game before "that" game, when they stuffed Northampton Town. Took a mate along who was a Kettering Town fan, and it absolutely made his day.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
ESPN for me too. Ronnie - are you and Mrs Ronnie up for it?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What is wrong with Crawley? Non league side under dogs and all that. I would rather Crawley win than Palace tomorrow so we can sort our league campaign out!!!
It may be completely irrational but I don't like Crawley. Never have. I think because of its 'new town' status I've always seen it as a bit of a cuckoo in the Sussex nest. Plus in the 1970s I remember it as being a real hotbed of Chelsea support - and not nice, cuddly, family-oriented Chelsea support either. Even when we were doing well there was a feeling of 'enemy territory' about the place.

Now that they're only one promotion away from the League I do have fears that they may steal some of our mid/north Sussex support; or even further south if people don't like the 'modern' experience of the Amex and want a pie on a terrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here