Very hands on from my dealing with club over
The Charlie wassmer transfer.
Wonder if this changes stuff there ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My uncles best mate, a sad day but it was his wife Silpa who was funding it I believe, she is a very wealthy woman in her own right.
Rip Bruce

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was he the bloke who a lot of the telly interviews? Seemed like a decent guy who looked very healthy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's the chap who was essentially the front for the mysterious Far East investors isn't he?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Bruce windfield passed away today he was
Very hands on from my dealing with club over
The Charlie wassmer transfer.
Wonder if this changes stuff there ?

So are you the agent that was twittering whilst in the middle of negotiations with Evans for Charlie? Bit un-professional if true!

May 22, 2008
So are you the agent that was twittering whilst in the middle of negotiations with Evans for Charlie? Bit un-professional if true!

If getting the best deal for my client is un-professional then i guess I am.
Btw I work for Charlie not Crawley town.

If getting the best deal for my client is un-professional then i guess I am.
Btw I work for Charlie not Crawley town.

SHOCKED Steve Evans admitted he had no idea that Charlie Wassmer's agent was posting details of his player's contract negotiations on the internet live from the Crawley Town manager's own office.

WHAT A TWIT
08:00 - 09-March-2011

SHOCKED Steve Evans admitted he had no idea that Charlie Wassmer's agent was posting details of his player's contract negotiations on the internet live from the Crawley Town manager's own office.

The highly rated young centre-back joined the Reds from Hayes & Yeading on Monday afternoon after rejecting the chance to move to League One side Exeter.

But the club's plans to announce the transfer were scuppered after they discovered Elite Management's Darren Lewis had been posting information about the talks as they unfolded on social networking site Twitter. "We didn't know he was doing that until we had finished," Evans revealed to the Crawley News.

"I had an inkling that something was up about two thirds of the way through but I didn't say anything as I didn't want to upset the balance in the room as negotiations were at a delicate stage.

"I found out afterwards and I had a little word in the agent's ear as he was getting in his car that he shouldn't pull that kind of stunt again as it was quite unprofessional."

Lewis was entertaining his 600 followers by keeping them updated on how talks were progressing throughout Monday morning, revealing at various stages: "I'm in no rush to make a deal many clubs are watching him. Happy to see out season with Hayes.

"Still in Steve Evans office and I'm holding my own lol, [sic]" and "Just had a call from a League One club, things are hotting up."

Evans admitted the saga had not affected the deal for the 19-year-old, who has joined on loan until the end of the season and will sign a two year contract in the summer, but said he did not want to see the incident repeated on future transfers else the club would turn into a soap opera.

"It didn't make a difference to this deal but it could have thrown a spanner in the works and that isn't how we like to do our business," he added.

"We moved to complete the deal as there was plenty of League clubs interested in Charlie with Exeter, QPR and Watford all watching him at the weekend. There was an offer on the table from Exeter and I think his agent was trying to get the other league clubs to make a move but the thing in our favour was the lad and his dad wanted him to come to us.

"He had a chat with Matt Tubbs too which I think got him interested and he didn't take any time to decide that his future lies with us."

And Evans says he is delighted to secure the player, who he believes could be the next Kyle McFadzean.

"He is an outstanding prospect," he added. "He is 6ft 3in and still growing, good in the air and strong on the ball. We think he has what it takes to play in the Football League and that is the kind of player we are looking to bring in here. He has a bright future but is bought with the here and now in mind. He will go straight into our match day squad."

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A sad day for Crawley Town, I liken this guy to our very own Dick Knight, a supporter of over 50 years who got involved when the club was at its lowest ebb, a true gent from all accounts and sad loss for crawley and his family, I undertstand that its his wifes business interests that have supported the club and I hope that that can continue.

RIP Bruce, such a shame that you were only a few weeks away from seeing your dream come true......

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

WHAT A TWIT
08:00 - 09-March-2011

The highly rated young centre-back joined the Reds from Hayes & Yeading on Monday afternoon after rejecting the chance to move to League One side Exeter.

But the club's plans to announce the transfer were scuppered after they discovered Elite Management's Darren Lewis had been posting information about the talks as they unfolded on social networking site Twitter. "We didn't know he was doing that until we had finished," Evans revealed to the Crawley News.

"I had an inkling that something was up about two thirds of the way through but I didn't say anything as I didn't want to upset the balance in the room as negotiations were at a delicate stage.

"I found out afterwards and I had a little word in the agent's ear as he was getting in his car that he shouldn't pull that kind of stunt again as it was quite unprofessional."

Lewis was entertaining his 600 followers by keeping them updated on how talks were progressing throughout Monday morning, revealing at various stages: "I'm in no rush to make a deal many clubs are watching him. Happy to see out season with Hayes.

"Still in Steve Evans office and I'm holding my own lol, [sic]" and "Just had a call from a League One club, things are hotting up."

Evans admitted the saga had not affected the deal for the 19-year-old, who has joined on loan until the end of the season and will sign a two year contract in the summer, but said he did not want to see the incident repeated on future transfers else the club would turn into a soap opera.

"It didn't make a difference to this deal but it could have thrown a spanner in the works and that isn't how we like to do our business," he added.

"We moved to complete the deal as there was plenty of League clubs interested in Charlie with Exeter, QPR and Watford all watching him at the weekend. There was an offer on the table from Exeter and I think his agent was trying to get the other league clubs to make a move but the thing in our favour was the lad and his dad wanted him to come to us.

"He had a chat with Matt Tubbs too which I think got him interested and he didn't take any time to decide that his future lies with us."

And Evans says he is delighted to secure the player, who he believes could be the next Kyle McFadzean.

"He is an outstanding prospect," he added. "He is 6ft 3in and still growing, good in the air and strong on the ball. We think he has what it takes to play in the Football League and that is the kind of player we are looking to bring in here. He has a bright future but is bought with the here and now in mind. He will go straight into our match day squad."

I don't know Dazza and I think football would be better without agents but I actually can't see what the fuss is about. The job of an agent is to get the best deal for his player and anyone who has worked in sales knows you push the barriers to the limits to get the deal. At the same time, to stay in business, you've got to make sure that you make a bit out of it yourself because thats all you get... commission... there is no guaranteed salary at the end of the month.

Bearing this in mind, I think Crawley and Steve Evans are at best a little naive and behind the times. Unless there are rules in place to stop this thing happening Dazza is making best use of the resources available to get his player out there. Evans himself admitted that it made no difference to the transfer.

I also think even though he is quitly right a legend, Lord B has been a bit naughty here.... Dazza is a member of NSC and this article sails close to the wind in terms of being an attack on Dazza. I thought that was a banning offence... after all what was actually served by putting this on NSC?

On another note... very sad to hear of Bruce Winfield's demise. Hope it doesn't change the club's status.

May 22, 2008
Sully thanks for your support even though we had
A few run in's over Israel.
As for lord I'm upset you posted the above rubbish the writer has
One side of this story and the facts are far off the truth.

I talked with evans twice since then so he can't be that upset.

May 22, 2008
Not on here to defend my actions or talk about my job this is private,
This thread was about Crawley co owner not me.
I'm just a member of NSC and Bha life long fan.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't know Dazza and I think football would be better without agents but I actually can't see what the fuss is about. The job of an agent is to get the best deal for his player and anyone who has worked in sales knows you push the barriers to the limits to get the deal. At the same time, to stay in business, you've got to make sure that you make a bit out of it yourself because thats all you get... commission... there is no guaranteed salary at the end of the month.

Bearing this in mind, I think Crawley and Steve Evans are at best a little naive and behind the times. Unless there are rules in place to stop this thing happening Dazza is making best use of the resources available to get his player out there. Evans himself admitted that it made no difference to the transfer.

I also think even though he is quitly right a legend, Lord B has been a bit naughty here.... Dazza is a member of NSC and this article sails close to the wind in terms of being an attack on Dazza. I thought that was a banning offence... after all what was actually served by putting this on NSC?

On another note... very sad to hear of Bruce Winfield's demise. Hope it doesn't change the club's status.

Agreed. Don't see the problem with this myself. Not as if there were any private details being tweeted (is that the correct use of the verb?), and clearly nothing that affected the transfer. IMHO, the only affect it could have had would have been for additional pressure to be placed on Crawley to sign him due to there being interest from bigger clubs, and that can only help the player get a deal done .... which is Darrens job!

Anyway, that's a side issue to this thread. Sad to hear of the death, and I can only hope it doesn't de-rail Crawley in any way. Promotion to the League would be a great tribute to Bruce.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll leave you to decide on 'unprofessional', but playing with your phone during a meeting is most definately rude and disrespectful.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'll leave you to decide on 'unprofessional', but playing with your phone during a meeting is most definately rude and disrespectful.

Welcome to the modern age Hans. Stick a roomful of people all armed with their Blackberrys, in a drawn out negotiation-type meeting, and phones will get reached for a number of times in the course of a couple of hours. Just part of a modern meeting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here