Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley - more Palace or Brighton?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Something I've always wanted to know..purely out of curiousity. I know it's a huge Chelsea area, but in terms of Palace/Brighton...who's the majority?

I've seen more Palace shirts than Brighton shirts when I (i try very hard not to) have been to Crawley..

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I'm from the Crawley / EG area originally and I would say it's more Palace (going by the people I went to school with in the 80s anyway)

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Langley Green, Northgate & Bewbush - Islamabad United
Broadfield - Marakesh City
Ifield - Any cockney sparrow Rovers (overspill)
Rest of minority - Man U, Chels, Tott with a few BHA and Pala..

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I work in Crawley and when i'm out I see more Palace shirts. Have to say I haven't seen an increase I crawley shirts scarfs etc. Certainly an increase in people talking about Crawley though.

I wear my Brighton shirt around Crawley all the time as I go to Central Sussex College and always get a few friendly Seagulls chants fired my way and no animosity.

Then again, the last chump who dissed the stripes now looks like that woman who had her face torn off by an ape.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3917910 said:
I wear my Brighton shirt around Crawley all the time as I go to Central Sussex College and always get a few friendly Seagulls chants fired my way and no animosity.

Then again, the last chump who dissed the stripes now looks like that woman who had her face torn off by an ape.

Do you ever wash it ?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Its the borderlands. Go north to Horley - it's palace, South to Haywards Heath its Albion. Work on a site that used to be 700, and it was 50-50. At 350 people now, its 3-2 to Palace!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm from the Crawley / EG area originally and I would say it's more Palace (going by the people I went to school with in the 80s anyway)

I concur. Where did you go mate? I was at Holy Trinity from '77 to '83 and it was definitely predominantly Palace.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Ive worked for my current company in Crawley for 4 years and before that a different company in Crawley for 5.

Unfortunately Crawley is definately Palace teritory. My current job has 150 employees with not 1 Albion fan and Im pretty sure my last job didnt have any too.

There have been lots of Palarse fans but in truth Spuds, Gooners and Chelsea have dominated.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I lived in Crawley 15 years ago, and it was more Palace then from memory..What's going to happen in the season after next when Crawley and Palace are both in League 2? They will all being jumping the Palace ship!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I live in Crawley and most people seem to be Chelsea supporters - as the shirts heading for the Train indicate every Saturday ... :facepalm:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I live in Crawley and most people seem to be Chelsea supporters - as the shirts heading for the Train indicate every Saturday ... :facepalm:

When I'm on the train home from Spurs home games, on the days where Chelsea have been at home, the amount of Chelsea that get off at Three Bridges is unreal. Which is good, 'cause it means I get a scum-free train for 30 minutes :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here