Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crawley friendly

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As bad as Lewes was in terms of desire, that was better.

After 5 mins, Hemed and Baldock had moved more than Colunga and COG had done in 60 mins at Lewes.

Far more structure 4-4-2 , though we were a little open, Solly not really in the game he until he got injured. Good passing, liked Bong who linked up well with KLL.

Second half Dallison looked very assured and for me a better bet than Rea.

Good performance but it was against a poor, poor team and I really do think they could go through to the conference.

Could go through to the Conference?, what is that opinion based on?, a ninety minute pre-season work out against Brighton?

I'd wait until they had played a fair few League games before l come to that opinion if l were you.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And what was particularly unhelpful was the fact that the programme had a list of Albion players, but no numbers, and the shirts had numbers, but no names. So trying to find out who was who was quite a challenge.

He did that a couple of years ago when Norwich played their last pre season friendly against Celtic before the season started. It was done in a bid to avoid teams who would have been scouting them for the first few games of the season recognizing every player.

He won't do it in the home game friendlies though because he will probably want all the home fans to recognize all the new players.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Was impressed by Bong, and like the look of Tomer and Baldock together. Still early doors though and Crawley didnt offer too much of a challenge.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Could go through to the Conference?, what is that opinion based on?, a ninety minute pre-season work out against Brighton?

I'd wait until they had played a fair few League games before l come to that opinion if l were you.

Let's see how they do, they were shocking, no desire, little structure. Considering they are trying to put a competitive team together, the players should/are playing for their livelihoods. The BHA U21s looked as comfortable as the senior players.

Happy for you to bounce if they finish in the top half, but a challenging relegation battle looks more likely to me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He did that a couple of years ago when Norwich played their last pre season friendly against Celtic before the season started. It was done in a bid to avoid teams who would have been scouting them for the first few games of the season recognizing every player.

He won't do it in the home game friendlies though because he will probably want all the home fans to recognize all the new players.

I'm sorry, what? He was trying to keep premier league players from being recognised by professional football scouts. Yeah sure that worked

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry, what? He was trying to keep premier league players from being recognised by professional football scouts. Yeah sure that worked

Scouts watch tactics as well as players. I'm sure Forest will be watching us to work out their play for the first game, & I bet we're watching them too, to identify any weak links.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Scouts watch tactics as well as players. I'm sure Forest will be watching us to work out their play for the first game, & I bet we're watching them too, to identify any weak links.

Yes I know which is why I find this
It was done in a bid to avoid teams who would have been scouting them for the first few games of the season recognizing every player.
a little far fetched

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes I know which is why I find this a little far fetched

When you are playing a preseason friendly and there are 7 or 8 substitutes used in a match and a lot of the players may have been youth players the year before and a few new signings from abroad, it isn't always that easy to follow. Even for the scouts. I remember actually asking him the next day who was the lad playing at number 20, who was i fact Johnny Howson that night. I didn't recognize him and I had watched him play a lot of the previous season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Does anyone know please how serious, or otherwise, March's injury is?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
When you are playing a preseason friendly and there are 7 or 8 substitutes used in a match and a lot of the players may have been youth players the year before and a few new signings from abroad, it isn't always that easy to follow. Even for the scouts. I remember actually asking him the next day who was the lad playing at number 20, who was i fact Johnny Howson that night. I didn't recognize him and I had watched him play a lot of the previous season.

I'm sorry but that's a load of rubbish. Scouts would in a matter of seconds be able to find out who a certain player was. Even if he was officially listed as "trialist"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here