Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Down

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yep that sounds alright that. And as it's quicker than a bus there's less chance if me falling asleep on the way back and ending up in London Bridge (100% that will happen by end of September anyway)

Be carful you don't end up in Croydon the smell should wake you up:FFSPuncheon

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By those little parade of shops where the kebab shop is. Free parking all weekend and midweek after 5.30pm/6pm( can't remember exact time) I often park there for night games.

You can usually find a space in Pound Hill.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
One down side is the pub has recently closed leaving only the social club for consumption of alcohol.
Hopefully will reopen soon.

The social club is effectively next door to me. So that's a plus. That was quite a good pub or at least I enjoyed it the 1 and only time I went there a couple of years ago, surprised it's shut

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does Crawley Down feature on any of the Seagulls Travel coach routes? If so, I'd have thought that would be a good option, especially for midweek games. They seem to have pick ups in most towns & villages around the county these days.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Does Crawley Down feature on any of the Seagulls Travel coach routes? If so, I'd have thought that would be a good option, especially for midweek games. They seem to have pick ups in most towns & villages around the county these days.

Bloody hell hadn't even thought about that! I'll get on it. Thank you

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell hadn't even thought about that! I'll get on it. Thank you

Ah...I've just looked. Can't see a stop in CD, unfortunately. East Grinstead or Pease Pottage would appear to be the closest. Oddly, we don't seem to run any buses from Crawley. I guess that must be to avoid offending Crawley Town.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Ah...I've just looked. Can't see a stop in CD, unfortunately. East Grinstead or Pease Pottage would appear to be the closest. Oddly, we don't seem to run any buses from Crawley. I guess that must be to avoid offending Crawley Town.

That's a pain. Does seem odd that the EG one doesn't call at C Down. Maybe il get it contact with them. Obviously if it's just for me it might be a stretch but as was mentioned there are other Albion supporters in the village.
Time to get my rosettes and get canvassing!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's a pain. Does seem odd that the EG one doesn't call at C Down. Maybe il get it contact with them. Obviously if it's just for me it might be a stretch but as was mentioned there are other Albion supporters in the village.

Absolutely. That's how they started expanding their routes from the initial select few :thumbsup:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nice area - have a few friends who live in the village - only problem seems to be aircraft noise

You get used to living on a flight path pretty quickly. If the winds change the active runway at Dublin I actually notice the lack of planes more than I ever notice them when they're there.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005

You need to blame Dr Beeching for closing the railway between Three Bridges and East Grinstead. Crawley Down was one the station stops.

You might find it easier getting the bus to EG, as I think its closer than TB

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
You need to blame Dr Beeching for closing the railway between Three Bridges and East Grinstead. Crawley Down was one the station stops.

You might find it easier getting the bus to EG, as I think its closer than TB

But then you'd need to get the 270 bus from East Gridlock down to HH ... all fine and dandy on the way down but the last one back leave's HH at 18:13 ....well handy !!

The 82 will get you from Crawley Down to HH direct but again the times back are dreadfully early

http://www.metrobus.co.uk/download/11302.2/route-82-timetable-010912/?disposition=inline

Interestingly enough Metrobus is part of the "Go Ahead" Group PLC ... presumably thats Go Ahead jump on our last bus and you'll be at home tucked up in bed with a cocoa by eight fifteen ....

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
But then you'd need to get the 270 bus from East Gridlock down to HH ... all fine and dandy on the way down but the last one back leave's HH at 18:13 ....well handy !!

The 82 will get you from Crawley Down to HH direct but again the times back are dreadfully early

http://www.metrobus.co.uk/download/11302.2/route-82-timetable-010912/?disposition=inline

Interestingly enough Metrobus is part of the "Go Ahead" Group PLC ... presumably thats Go Ahead jump on our last bus and you'll be at home tucked up in bed with a cocoa by eight fifteen ....

This is quite good actually. I can get the bus to HH on a Saturday (leaving CD at 10.55) and get to HH for half 11. Couple if pints in The Heath then train it down with the boys. On the way back I stay on the train to 3 Bridges and get the Mrs to pick me up. Or a taxi.
Excellent!!

May 12, 2009
Several Albion fans in crawley down. When the weather is good my son and I cycle to three bridges and get the train. Only about a 20 minute bike ride on worth way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here