Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crass comment from Sky commentator

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn't come up with the term :washingmyhandsofanyerrors:

Berkeley Hunt is indeed rhyming slang as explained elsewhere on this thread, but nothing to do with 'berk'. You might shorten 'Berkeley Hunt' to 'Berkeley', or even 'Bark', but not to berk.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Didn't sound like a joke, sounded like he had no idea of the international career of a player right infront of his eyes.
They had just stated he had played for Argentina so I think it was just a very poor joke.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
They had just stated he had played for Argentina so I think it was just a very poor joke.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

In jest or not I'm sick of these clowns commentating our games with basic knowledge of our squad. They wheel any clown out for our games.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seriously, did a Sky Sports pundit actually say that? Any chance of a link, anybody?

Didn't sound like a joke, sounded like he had no idea of the international career of a player right infront of his eyes.

They'd already mentioned prior to that about him being capped for Argentina. The Scotland comments didn't sound serious.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shockingly poor analysis from @SkySportsPL. “Bad news for Bournemouth supporters is that their team is down. There but the grace of God think Brighton supporters”. Remind us of when exactly Brighton were ever in the relegation zone? Well done @OfficialBHAFC for a points record

Not what I expect for £69 a month. Useless burk

Same commentator also said we don’t travel well. Remind me how many away games it is since we were beaten

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seriously, did a Sky Sports pundit actually say that? Any chance of a link, anybody?

This was after the main commentator confirmed MacAllister had two international caps already for Argentina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Berkeley Hunt is indeed rhyming slang as explained elsewhere on this thread, but nothing to do with 'berk'. You might shorten 'Berkeley Hunt' to 'Berkeley', or even 'Bark', but not to berk.

Pronounced Barkley, the square is anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
He called March MacAllister on at least two occasions as well as muddling up the names of others. My wife does it all the time, but these guys get paid to get it right!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's not just sky, it's an ineptitude of all football pundits to recognise any team outside of the top six or seven. The bias bellend on bien said numerous times how burnley should have had a penalty(for a burnley dive BTW).
However, he said at the end we deserved the three points

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I actually think four away wins in the Premier League is not bad for "teams like Brighton" given how many you can write off before you start anyway.

In transition from basically looking to keep it at 0-0 from kick off every away game too :smile:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
He called March MacAllister on at least two occasions as well as muddling up the names of others. My wife does it all the time, but these guys get paid to get it right!

One pass Mac made from just outside the circle to March on the touch line, commentator said nice ball there from Mcalister, picked up well by er Mcalister.....said the other commentator...NOOOOOOOOOO....idiots

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here