Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:ffsparr:

Under-used by Poyet and run down by the Poyet fans, now in form in the Premier-League. I would have rather kept Noone on the left instead of having to play Barnes there for numerous games.

Time will tell if we sold him at the right price. Personally my pound is on 'we let him go too cheaply'.

I would rather remember Noone for his wonderful assist that won our first Amex game against Doncaster, than your negative noonsense.

What absolute nonsense. We replaced Noone with Orlandi.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Time will tell if we sold him at the right price. Personally my pound is on 'we let him go too cheaply'.

Of course, each to their own, but surely the only fair way to judge a transfer fee is on the quality/potential of the player at the time they were sold?

I used to love watching Nooney tear up and down the wing, his effort or ability on the ball were never in question. Unfortunately, a lot of those moments ended with a wayward cross or an 'interesting' shot...PL starter he was not.

Now he seems to have built the final ball into his game the transfer fee might start to look small but back then Cardiff took a gamble as there was no guarantee he'd kick on...hell, if there was he'd have left Albion for a PL club, not a Championship one.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:ffsparr:

Under-used by Poyet and run down by the Poyet fans, now in form in the Premier-League. I would have rather kept Noone on the left instead of having to play Barnes there for numerous games.

I would rather remember Noone for his wonderful assist that won our first Amex game against Doncaster, than your negative noonsense.

lost me there..not sure how u link poyet supporters to those not liking Noone....plus on form? is this the second or third game he's started...one reasonable game? I liked Noone, but as regards to him being a decent premier league player, i think the verdict is wait until he's started 20 odd games

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
lost me there..not sure how u link poyet supporters to those not liking Noone....plus on form? is this the second or third game he's started...one reasonable game? I liked Noone, but as regards to him being a decent premier league player, i think the verdict is wait until he's started 20 odd games
Thumbs up.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

When Poyet sold Noone many suppoters agreed it was the right thing to do as they had a blind faith in Poyet. They went by the moto 'In Gus We Trust'. They all got aboard a bus that ended up leaving the road and ending up in a Cesspit.

I said he was 'now in form in the Premier-League' although that was only counting the last four games :) I agree with you that the verdict on him being a decent premier league player can not be made for a good while yet.

I guess the point I have been trying to make is, I wish he was still in our Squad!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess the point I have been trying to make is, I wish he was still in our Squad!
For much of the last 18 months, so have most Cardiff fans.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Stuff like this is down to Burke. Besides, I think we got a good price for Noone considering he was 3rd choice the time.
I find it hard to believe one man a lone makes that kind of decision, I would of thought any bids for any of our top players would be put to the board for discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here