Craig Noone - Your honest opinions.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bluebirdbaker

Aug 17, 2011
Greetings, Seagulls. :wave:

I'm currently in the process of conjuring up an article on our newly acquired signing and your views will be greatly appreciated and will be paramount to an accurate write-up.

I've come on here a few times before and have never had the intention of rubbing anything in or for a wind-up and you've all been extremely helpful to me.

Basically, if you have the time, could you answer a few quick questions?

How would you describe Craig Noone's playing style? Is he a pacey winger or more of a winger that relies on skill? Does he work hard? etc

What is his personality like on and off the pitch?

Is he potentially a great Championship player or could he cut it in the top flight? (If we ever make it one f***ing day!)

What would you rate his overall impact at Brighton?

In our club's perspective, is he a good signing? Should he start?

Would you boff Davina McCall?

Cheers folks

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How would you describe Craig Noone's playing style? Is he a pacey winger or more of a winger that relies on skill? Does he work hard? hard working winger, can be tricky, inconsistent and end product (final ball or a shot) can be poor. Not a goal scorer. Think Championship is his level.

What is his personality like on and off the pitch? Seems to be a top man, appreciates that he is a professional footballer as he got into the game very late. Very humble, a lot of time for fans. Well liked in dressing room

Is he potentially a great Championship player or could he cut it in the top flight? (If we ever make it one f***ing day!) Personally I am not sure he could make the Premiership, but you never know.

What would you rate his overall impact at Brighton? 7/10. Came in early in the Gus revolution, very good L1 player, at a bargain basement price from financially struggling Plymouth (we paid a tax bill I think)

In our club's perspective, is he a good signing? Should he start? Don't really follow Cardiff, might give you another type of winger, I'm just not sure if he can go much higher/further in his career. Will be a fan favourite though, so hope your club shop has stocked up on the letters n-o-o-n-e

Would you boff Davina McCall? Oh yes.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Pacey Winger who will almost certainly beat his man most times and is a joy to watch. Only thing lacking is his end product (his stats say it all)

Off the pitch, probably one of the best players to have in a squad. Always positive, always having a joke and a laugh and gels with the fans really well.

I think the Championship is his limit, unless he can be more consistent with his final ball.

Great player at Brighton and a real fans favourite.

Probably not, Kazenga Lua Lua and Buckley are ahead of him and offer a lot more. Great impact sub though.

Definitely pogg Davina McCall.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Greetings, Seagulls. :wave:

I'm currently in the process of conjuring up an article on our newly acquired signing and your views will be greatly appreciated and will be paramount to an accurate write-up.

I've come on here a few times before and have never had the intention of rubbing anything in or for a wind-up and you've all been extremely helpful to me.

Basically, if you have the time, could you answer a few quick questions?

How would you describe Craig Noone's playing style? Is he a pacey winger or more of a winger that relies on skill? Does he work hard? etc

Is he potentially a great Championship player or could he cut it in the top flight? (If we ever make it one f***ing day!)

Cheers folks

Noone is a tricky winger fairly quick with good feet relies on skill to beat a man or draw a foul. Major problem was his.lack of end product in either a decent shot or cross. Will be an impact player for you to start with I think.
Poyet has favoured him and he has been fairly important for us but probably replaceable . He's a good signing for you in that he has great fitness levels and would hit the ground running.
Bit sore to loose him but probably will get a replacement or just start kazenga, championship at beat though. Not prem standard.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is there still footage of him singing Mysterious Girl on you tube?

Noone will gain you "yards" with one of his mazy runs BUT dont expect a decent cross/delivery at the end of it, hope he gets fouled which will enable someone else to get take the free kick!

But what a top bloke. Only recently he saw a palace logo hanging in a car and put his albion training shirt on it and took a photo so for that alone I ish him well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
1. He is pacey and has quick feet, he always wants the ball and always wants to run at his man. He does work back more than most wingers probably. Those are the good things about him. Bad things are his final ball, be it cross or shot is often weak and his decision making isn't great.

2. He is a great lad, on the pitch and off it.

3. He has all the attributes, but whether he can bring them all together on a consistent basis is the question, based on a season and a half here I would say no.

4. He had a good impact, he helped us win League One and he helped us have a good season last year, but I wouldn't say he was ever crucial in what we were doing.

5. I dunno, that's your club. Probably.

6. If I had nothing better to do.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Works very hard, but his final ball leaves a lot to be desired for this level

A real joker

Average Championship at best at the moment

Nobody could understand him. Apart from that, very likeable. Did well in L1, but needs to up his game a bit for as not consistant enough in Champ.

Yes (he can pretend the Cardiff shirt is actually Liverpool), no

Already have

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Usually the best player on the pitch at beating his man. Usually the worst player on the pitch at then doing anything useful afterwards.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I will add that Noone has mainly played with a single centre forward, and the ones he's played with haven't been in great form. He is quick and I personally think his stats will improve if he plays in a side with a little bit more attacking gung-ho, I'm not sure our style of possession and measured build up suited him. He may well shine a bit more in a different approach.

DM - yes.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
relies on dribbling ability rather than pace.

usually cuts inside from the left and lacks the pace to attack full backs on the outside

needs to work on his crossing (some of which are outrageously over/under hit)

works hard chasing back

cannot head the ball

will get players booked and sent off through frustration

still seems to be living the dream and will be seen driving around Cardiff looking like a little boy who's nicked his dad's 4*4

he once worked on the roof at Steven Gerrard's house (he was a roofer)

a fan's favourite and treats the fans well

can't see him being a regular in a promotion side or progressing to Premier

Craig Noone - who?..................good luck

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

Relies a lot on his pace. Quick feet. Good short passer when in the middle of the pitch but when out wide and crossing, this is where it all goes wrong. If you can work on his final ball and shooting, you'll have a great player.

Seems to be popular and well liked. Loves a Nandos.

Depends on 1. Had a good game against Liverpool. If he can work on his final delivery, yes.

Positive when he comes on. Livens up the crowd. Just a frustrating player to watch sometimes.

Don't see why not.

Yes

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good Championship player. That's an honest opinion shared by most other posters on here.

Great dribbler of the ball and often tries mazy runs, but as stated before his final product is lacking somewhat and for me often goes AWOL for large parts of the game, which is possibly why he comes on as a sub quite often just to try and change a game.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Usually the best player on the pitch at beating his man. Usually the worst player on the pitch at then doing anything useful afterwards.

This. He is great with his silky ball skills, but more often than not ends up passing it to the opposition.

I hope Cardiff get Liverpool in the FA cup to be honest, he would give 110%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports