Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone, please be honest

Craig Noone sold to Cardiff for £1m+. What were your thoughts at the time.

• Total voters

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Where is the option for "About right deal" ?
The general consensus is that our squad is stronger this year than last year. Noone left because he was the winger which another club was interested in and could afford.
We haven't missed him this season, he is earning more money and contributing (albeit not hugely) to Cardiff's promotion.
Attacking players in the championship are worth more than defenders of comparable quality.
Someone had to leave to balance up the squad, remember Gus signed Lopez believing him to be a winger. It was only when he played at RB to cover for Calde and Bruno that he realised he was more effective coming from deep.
Orlandi also has been moved further back by Gus, but was a winger at Swansea.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I was one of a tiny minority on here that was anti the sale of Noone at the time. In my opinion he is far more reliable than kaz, and his dribbling ability is a definite loss when teams have put 10 men behind the ball. Orlandi has been a good buy but I don't see him as a natural winger unlike Kaz, Noone and Buckley. We need a 3 good out and out wingers at the club and don't have that at the moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the time, we were playing one winger, and he was our third best winger. So at the time, it was worth taking the money and putting it towards the other players we have (like Upson). With hindsight, it was a good decision.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Good deal, the price was about right. I never wanted us to sell but after seeing the Swindon game I think it was I realised that we could do without. Probably 15 shanked crossed in that one game

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
At the time, he wasnt performing well for us and hadnt been for a while so £1 Million is a good deal - allowed us to get Orlandi in too and i know who id prefer to have.

Can you settle a pointless argument on the 'our squad' thread.

Craig Noone the player.

When the business was done, did you think we won or lost on the deal.

I would have a look for some threads to back up my point that it wasn't a vocal few who thought we was robbed, but I'm in the middle of something.

This isn't about Noone the fella, top bloke and all, that is not up for debate.
Purely football at the time of the move, so not with hindsight, was it good or bad for the club

Per lb we did well,he was a tiddler:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At the time, he wasnt performing well for us and hadnt been for a while so £1 Million is a good deal - allowed us to get Orlandi in too and i know who id prefer to have.

We recieved £1.5m for Noone, and paid £300k for Orlandi.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With Cardiff effectively in the Prem, Noone is going to be plying his trade at somewhere like Swindon next season I should imagine.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
At the time I didn't want to sell him as Buckley and Kaz were picking up Hamstring injuries every other match so although his crosses were wayward (he was trying to anticipate where CMS would be in amongst 3 defenders which wasn't easy) he was our most reliable and available winger at the time ... suffice to say we then improved the squad and have become a better team - overall a good deal for the player and the club.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I wonder how people would vote now?

Having seen him on MOTD just now - being lauded as the player who was the difference today and who can keep Cardiff up - I have to say I'm pleased for a really nice fella who is living the Premier League dream - but also amazed that he's transformed himself into such a deadly performer at the highest level.

His end product is something we seldom if ever see from the two "superior" wingers he left behind.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I wonder how people would vote now?

Having seen him on MOTD just now - being lauded as the player who was the difference today and who can keep Cardiff up - I have to say I'm pleased for a really nice fella who is living the Premier League dream - but also amazed that he's transformed himself into such a deadly performer at the highest level.

His end product is something we seldom if ever see from the two "superior" wingers he left behind.

Clearly had a good game today. He had good games for us too, but was very inconsistent. I can only assume he is inconsistent at Cardiff too as he seems to be on and out of the side a lot.

As for our "superior" wingers, they got half an hour between them but I would say that Buckley was my outfield MOTM today. Very dangerous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that this is only the 3rd bout of Noone hand wringing since he left says it all.

Nobody ever disputed his talent, just if he could use it.
He couldn't for us, and hasn't been able to for Cardiff.

Then up pops a purple patch and he's the greatest player ever.
When did he leave, 2 years ago.
I bet for 20 of those months Cardiff fans have wanted rid of him.

I hope he does well, lovely fella and all that.
He could even get a massive transfer one day.
But it still doesn't change the fact when he was with us, he was a blind alley running, row z hitting, goal shy waste of great talent.

So a cracking bit of business for the club, esp if there's a sell on clause!!

The fact that this is only the 3rd bout of Noone hand wringing since he left says it all.

Nobody ever disputed his talent, just if he could use it.
He couldn't for us, and hasn't been able to for Cardiff.

Then up pops a purple patch and he's the greatest player ever.
When did he leave, 2 years ago.
I bet for 20 of those months Cardiff fans have wanted rid of him.

I hope he does well, lovely fella and all that.
He could even get a massive transfer one day.
But it still doesn't change the fact when he was with us, he was a blind alley running, row z hitting, goal shy waste of great talent.

So a cracking bit of business for the club, esp if there's a sell on clause!!

Had a good game against a side heading for the Championship. At our level could do a decent job. Premiership player? Not really on a regular basis.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?296958-BHA-v-QPR-Score-Predictor

Could do with him against QPR though!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Saw the match on TV, Noone looked twice the player he was here,the move has certainally paid off for him,pity our coaching staff could not get the same response from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here