Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail- Smith

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think you're being very harsh about Baldock's movement which along with his work-rate and the fact that he shoots early, are his key qualities.

Based on what I've seen this season, he has no movement or work-rate and twice on Saturday he was scared to shoot early which lead to the chance being lost

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wow. Literally could not disagree more. Baldock continually wastes opportunities by NOT shooting early enough. he did it at least 4 times on Saturday - recieved the ball in the box, and failed to even get a shot away.

I only saw one **** up against Blackburn, I saw three against Wigan though.

Even the best Championship strikers **** up about twice or three times in a game, but they get more non ****-ups as well.

How many times did Baldock receive and control the ball in the box so far? Less than once in a match, Should be at least three times to get paid at all.

At least he did not embrass himself and fans by falling over and claiming for a foul!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wow. Literally could not disagree more. Baldock continually wastes opportunities by NOT shooting early enough. he did it at least 4 times on Saturday - recieved the ball in the box, and failed to even get a shot away.

I'm thinking of certain examples (my memory isn't as good as yours, so there aren't as many), such as:
that awful one (against Rotherham?) where he spliced it wide, when he really should have scored
his goal
that effort on Saturday, when Bennett played him through, and he hit it too weakly.

So, these examples at least illustrate that he -- at times -- shoots early, while yours indicate that at other times he doesn't.
Is it just a difference of emphasis between us?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Im not used to agreeing with everyone.... ;-) but again i do. I would much prefer at present to see Colunga leading the line than Baldock

Two things out of Saturday:

1. If Colunga doesn't start at home to Fulham I will be seething. He should be the one definitely retaining his place off the back of two very good performances.
2. I understand he may have wanted him on to defend set pieces aerially but if Halford is considered a better bet than CMS as a sub forward near the end it doesn't bode well for Craig. Could easily have plumped for his energy as the "out ball" in the channels but he didn't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Halford should have come on for Colunga as he did but played alongside of Ince to try to stifle their supply from the midfield and CMS for Baldock to make their defenders run around more.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
IMHO Halford should have come on for Colunga as he did but played alongside of Ince to try to stifle their supply from the midfield and CMS for Baldock to make their defenders run around more.

Don't agree. Would keep Colunga on (unless he was spent) as most intelligent forward player we have. Was continually finding space.

Hanford should have slotted in the back as a 3rd CB, as we were being overpowered aerially, another body might have closed Hooper down after the loose ball.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

For me he was good at creating a nuisance up front which is what we needed . He was able to hold ball up and take pressure off which is lacking with our front players at mo as they get knocked off the ball too easily .

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Damned with faint praise.

He's also better than Bas Savage. Perhaps we need a list of footballers that CMS is better than:

Jake Robinson
Nathan Elder
Mark Farringdon...

He's better than my Nan.... but then she's dead.

Seriously though... such a wasted talent playing/bench warming for us. We have never played to his strengths and we should have released him long ago.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We got rid of Leo and brought in 3 CMS's now we have 4 CMS's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here