Craig Mackail Smith, You are the weakest link.... Goodbye

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He was woeful tonight, truly dreadful. Let's hope the Norwich scouts weren't there. And I tell you how I judge him - he's not the worst at the club, but he cost us a fortune and with wages to match. He's crap.

And Gus can be equally embarrassed. That bloke who scored for them and had most influence on the game for 50 mins, he played for you once Gus. Bit like Murray, he wasn't good enough. And instead we have a £3m Labrador puppy scurrying around.

Nothing to disagree with here.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I am losing any faith I had in our supporters. If it isn't slagging off Gus it's Barnes. If it isn't him it's CMS. You need a reality check. We are a work in progress & there will be little progress with the attitudes I read on here. Fuckwits.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we actually played to his strengths he would have loads more.

If he was able to score a few of the one on ones he gets presented, not get the ball tangled up between his feet and shot straight he'd also have loads more. I don't think he's worth 2.5m.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you put Lua Lua's first cross into the box ten times and asked Smith to make sure he missed the target ten times, he'd score nine of them!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Sure, not his best, but in the first half at least he only had only had the one chance.
The rest of the time being spent kicked pulled and pushed around by 2 massive lumps.

He at the very least deserves to be judged as a striker.

Sorry but not at this team, he he does not fit in ,classic case of square peg in round hole and we do not have time to wait for Barnes to mature either.125 million spent on ground and training facility how much spent on the team

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
He was woeful tonight, truly dreadful. Let's hope the Norwich scouts weren't there. And I tell you how I judge him - he's not the worst at the club, but he cost us a fortune and with wages to match. He's crap.

And Gus can be equally embarrassed. That bloke who scored for them and had most influence on the game for 50 mins, he played for you once Gus. Bit like Murray, he wasn't good enough. And instead we have a £3m Labrador puppy scurrying around.

Most accurate post I've read on here. Particularly the Labrador part.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am losing any faith I had in our supporters. If it isn't slagging off Gus it's Barnes. If it isn't him it's CMS. You need a reality check. We are a work in progress & there will be little progress with the attitudes I read on here. Fuckwits.

Get a grip dickhead. Smith has been struggling to do the basics for a long time and tonight was no exception. Awful performance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disappointing for CMS but he can do it at this level, NB he is nowhere near the Premiership so I guess we are stuck with him for now so at least get behind him.

Dec 29, 2011
A lot of people pointing out he doesn't fit into our system and I agree. At another club I think he'd score loads of goals. I bet if he moves to Norwich he'll play great and everyone will blame Gus for letting him leave. The difference is Norwich actually scout their players, whereas Gus signs players on hearsay or goal scoring stats. Hoskins, CMS, Dobbie, Lopez, don't fit our style but still signed. It makes me wonder if Gus actually scouts players before signing them.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
'The way we play' - this doesn't effect the open goals, awful first touches and passes he has every game.

How would you like us to play him? - on the bench preferably

He is useless and the reason we won't get play offs at the moment.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

To be fair I don't think we really had the chance to sign Wood permanently when he was here. And I seem to remember 90% of the twats on here banging on about how shit he was and how he wasn't good enough for us. At eighteen years old.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Always find it amusing the total ends of the scale arguments - "he's absolute shit" and "he's our best striker" he had a poor game tonight but personally, Lua Lua excepted, the whole team had a poor game.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
For comic value tonight there was nothing better than Buckley running into CMS, both of whom hit the deck and Millwall casually taking the ball and going down the other end

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
When McSmudger is on the pitch we are effectively playing with 10 men, he does not fit in to this team.And Barnes why is he even on the bench,we do not have a striker capable of playing at this level

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At least the money we get for CMS in January will be re-invested in a striker who can stick the ball in the back of the net , you cannot rely on a player who is converting 1 out of 10 chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports