Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Craig Mackail Smith to retire.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Well Ulloa is the hero, but how about this for a cross from Craig Mackail-Smith who's had a horrendous season with an achilles problem.
He's not scored the goal, but I tell you what, he has laid it on a plate for Ulloa."

He was never the success that we all wanted him to be for plenty of reasons, but he always put a shift in.
And he clearly had some quality too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Well Ulloa is the hero, but how about this for a cross from Craig Mackail-Smith who's had a horrendous season with an achilles problem.
He's not scored the goal, but I tell you what, he has laid it on a plate for Ulloa."

He was never the success that we all wanted him to be for plenty of reasons, but he always put a shift in.

Moments like these remind us why we go to football really

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Opening this thread I was going to make a comment about my friend's dog when there were squirrels around and notice that the excitable doggy metaphor has been done to death.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

One of my best Albion supporting moments. Fantastic cross from CMS and "whose that man" on the end of it........
Our end of the city ground went batshit!

That unbridled euphoria is something you just can't replicate.

Absolute scenes and limbs!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• F5D84CE6-05A3-4CFF-A002-4346F2A20B05.jpeg
    F5D84CE6-05A3-4CFF-A002-4346F2A20B05.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 18

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Two pages and nobody has mentioned how he invented ‘the seagull’ celebration?

8EF7D68F-440B-49DC-8CA8-275D608C4540.jpeg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Amazing to think one of his best performances was when we had two sent off at the Amex against Burnley and they effectively went long ball over his shoulder.
Roughly about the same time you posted this I was watching a video of the war years with the kids at an Amex stadium tour in the museum. An interview with a funeral director pops up who confronts bellotti and tells him he full of shit, brilliant!

Eldest asked me is this the era you told me about and couldn’t believe his eyes when they showed the pitch invasions

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
For the money and wages a very poor signing. I have never praised a player for running around but he was very likeable and was clever that he knew how to get the crowd on his side

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember being NSC’s biggest defender of him - mainly because his effort was always fantastic. Good career CMS - all the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here