Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*****Craig Mackail-Smith OFFICIALLY SIGNS FOR ALBION*****

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
It's one hell of a coup. Surely one of the best signings ever. Well done Gus and Tony! :O

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We are going to be devastatingly quick on the counter attack. CMS,Buckley,Hoskins,Noone :eek: KLL would be a welcome Cherry on top of a perfectly baked cake!

PoshView

Jul 4, 2011
Also well done Poshview coming on here to congratulate us when all things considered we are both in the same position as Championship new boys - you must be gutted to see him go. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Gutted is not the word, although we’ve known since January that he would be going.
The reality is that due the size of our gates we can’t pay the wages he deserves.
I don’t think anyone here will begrudge him a move after 4 ½ years of great service.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Jeez...I never thought 10 years ago I would see the day when my beloved club would be paying £2.5 Million pounds for a striker. The Club moving into a new stadium with one of the countries brightest and exciting managers and a chairman with a passion and a wallet for the club as well !! The Good Times are coming back to The Albion.
Plus...we've got a Scottish International now...!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
PoshView
Also well done Poshview coming on here to congratulate us when all things considered we are both in the same position as Championship new boys - you must be gutted to see him go. Thank you.

Gutted is not the word, although we’ve known since January that he would be going.
The reality is that due the size of our gates we can’t pay the wages he deserves.
I don’t think anyone here will begrudge him a move after 4 ½ years of great service

I add too, that it was exceptionally good for you to come on here and post, and whilst most NSC rs are still in shock, I take the opportunity of wishing you a good season and survival, the first objective for us all.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
All those who went on about why Gus didn't try harder to keep Murray, well now you know. Murray was never going to be 1st choice ,CMS was top of the list to do that and Poyet is going for a more mobile way of play in which Murray would have lacked the overall pace. Exciting times ahead.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Ive had a really nice day at work, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and this signing tops it all off!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
This has made my entire week.

It has made my decade! I am in such a shocked state I can hardly speak, so I'll just type instead! A truly awesome statement of intent from the club.

I was thinking we may struggle in the championship, but now with 1 or 2 more quality signings then anything is possible! There cannot possibly be another club in the division that wouldn't have wanted CMS in their side, so any crap sent our way from other supporters is just pure jealousy!

Very, very, very well done to all that made this deal happen. I love you all:blush:.

Welcome to Brighton Craig. Thanks

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I thought we were going to sign him!!! Shows that Brighton are going to be a big club soon. Players like CMS picking Brighton over clubs like West Ham really does show Brighton are moving in the right direction.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Congratulations on a great signing, hope you get as much pleasure watching him as we have had over the years, one thing is for sure, you will never get a harder working player.
Just don’t get on his back if he misses the odd chance his scoring record speaks for it’s self.
Although we’ve know this was going to happen, it’s a sad day for us, but we move on
CMS great player and a great bloke.

good luck for the season

Thanks for the best wishes, and I hope you stay up this time. At the very least, you should be able to use the money to get some decent replacements, especially for your defence, which I think you would admit let you down badly last season. So long as Mr McAnthony doesn't just use the money to pay for the new stand. Out of interest, is it to be for away fans, and will you still get time to do the other end, or does it all have to be done now?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Get in there !!! :O

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some great comments fromLeicester Fans.

Here's One .... Sorry if fixtures.. cant be arsed to read all threads.

Brighton have a lot going for them, great new stadium, great place to live, big financial backing, top young manager who no doubt swayed CMS, plus they play great football which CMS will have witnessed last season. They're level with us and WHU as things stand, and he'll probably get more game time.

It's not where I expected him to go but there's people on here with some serious delusions of grandeur.

...now please sign Maynard and Mills Sven. PLEASE!!!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
an incredible 24 hours

and the fact that West Ham tabled more money (as per Talksport a min ago) and he chose us. Exceptional sales pitch from Gus and Tony obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here