Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
get your facts right you no nothing about the deal so shut up

vicky+pollard.jpg

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Should bang in a few.Hope it goes well for Craig.

League Two is a poor division this season by the looks of it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Threads like this make me laugh.

Let's look at some facts.

1) Davies has never scored many goals.
2) Davies' continued missing off some absolute SITTERS last season almost cost us our place in League 1 (along with many other factors, granted).
3) Yes, he has pace and height. But does he do anything with it? Nope.
4) We've already sent him on loan once, and he was supposed to come back full of confidence having scored a few. He didnt.
5) Players who don't score goals need to contribute something to the team. Like Hart (crossing/graft). Does Davies contribute anything? Nope.

In short then, at League 1 level, he's not up to it.
League 2 he might be better off, but (provided Poyet actually brings in some useful players this month) we shouldn't be in that league, and therefore have no use of him.

Where this MYTH of him having bags of potential has come from I don't know. He is shit.

"BARNDOOR DAVIES" is still as accurate as it ever was. I just hope Hans Kraay's Fan Club hasn't forgotten our little wager for REMF at the beginning of the season. I believe it was that Davies would score 15+ goals for us. So far so good....

SeagullSi

Jan 10, 2010
Good player and will go on to prove the doubters wrong. Shame it didn't work out but thats football.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Let's look at some facts.

1) Davies has never scored many goals.
2) Davies' continued missing off some absolute SITTERS last season almost cost us our place in League 1 (along with many other factors, granted).
3) Yes, he has pace and height. But does he do anything with it? Nope.
4) We've already sent him on loan once, and he was supposed to come back full of confidence having scored a few. He didnt.
5) Players who don't score goals need to contribute something to the team. Like Hart (crossing/graft). Does Davies contribute anything? Nope.

In short then, at League 1 level, he's not up to it.
League 2 he might be better off, but (provided Poyet actually brings in some useful players this month) we shouldn't be in that league, and therefore have no use of him.

Where this MYTH of him having bags of potential has come from I don't know.

For once WW, I think I might agree...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Good player and will go on to prove the doubters wrong. Shame it didn't work out but thats football.

I'd much rather we had shipped out OGH on loan. Davies is a much better prospect in my view.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
there is something about him.....i reckon given a run and if he is loved at a club he would score. Never going to get that here though - certainly not on NSC.

Suprised we didn't even use him as a winger. ok - he's a forward but with that pace and power I feel there should have been a place for him. We gave Jake the same opportunity. Which he didn't take. So why not Craig?

Let's se how he does at Vale. He knows Micky rates him. So that should give him an immediate lift....

He's an international. Whereas harty is a trier. But save for last season he has been gash for the club for 4 or 5 years. Why not keep Craig around the squad but for the reason that he is more of a commodity in demand than OGH?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
there is something about him.....i reckon given a run and if he is loved at a club he would score. Never going to get that here though - certainly not on NSC.

Suprised we didn't even use him as a winger. ok - he's a forward but with that pace and power I feel there should have been a place for him. We gave Jake the same opportunity. Which he didn't take. So why not Craig?

Let's se how he does at Vale. He knows Micky rates him. So that should give him an immediate lift....

He's an international. Whereas harty is a trier. But save for last season he has been gash for the club for 4 or 5 years. Why not keep Craig around the squad but for the reason that he is more of a commodity in demand than OGH?

would be interesting to see him on the wing - take the pressure off him and he has the raw pace and passing ability

who knows....maybe one day?

We gave him ample opportunities last season, he did not perform and doesn't really deserve to be in the team over any of the current strikers. I will always remember him missing that gob smacking sitter against MK Dons and he never recovered from that, especially with the "your not fit to wear the shirt" chant that followed.

People who think he has got something "special" are slightly deluded. He has pace, looks like and has a very similar name to a pop star, posts on an internet message board and is one of few Albion players to have a tagged on nick name, Barndoor, as created by the much malingered WW.

His touch, finishing, technical movement, positioning and passing are woeful in my opinion. He will always try 110%, but so will everyone else apart from when Murray or Cox "get the hump".

I hope he proves me and others wrong but I highly doubt it. If he does well at League two level, which again I highly doubt, then he should do his up most to move to Micky "the impostor" Adams club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has been given many chances and proved not to be up to the mark perhaps a spell with a div 2 side will help him but at the moment he is not what we need to climb the division. Who knows what a months loan will do for him.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Barndoor won't get the chance to play today as Vale's game away at Rochdale has been postponed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here