Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Conway

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We haven't given them a go tho have we how do we know they will do awful???

Nobody has said that they would be 'awful'; more that they need time and progression to blend in with the pace and physicality of the leagues. I've no problems with playing them but they can't just be thrown in and expect to play 90mins each week. I'd rather they play 20 mins in a game near the end than give them the daunting prospect of 90 mins and them being nervous and making lots of mistakes.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Aug 23, 2011
Nobody has said that they would be 'awful'; more that they need time and progression to blend in with the pace and physicality of the leagues. I've no problems with playing them but they can't just be thrown in and expect to play 90mins each week. I'd rather they play 20 mins in a game near the end than give them the daunting prospect of 90 mins and them being nervous and making lots of mistakes.

exactly this and i am a little disappointed that we haven't given MArch in particular more of a go however when you're in a tight game the last thing the manger is likely to do is give a kid a run about as its their neck on the line. Oscar is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He delivered some great crosses that Ulloa would thrive upon.

Ulloa was at home on his sofa watching Soccer Saturday.

I look forward to when Conway progresses to playing balls appropriate for the people we actually have playing.[/QUOTE]

This.

Exactly this.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A a lot of people on here think he is amazing because he was our best player against yeovil. but when a winger has the stats he did at Cardiff yes he played 26 games but he only scored one goal and two assist surely this tells you something??

I can't work out whether you're Solly March or George Barker.

I'll go for Barker at this stage.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I may be a bit weird but I'd take the fact that Conway looked our best player having looked useless in previous games as a positive. :shrug:

Strangely logical, that.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here