Cracking result today boys...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I thought I made it clear I'm jumping ahead to when he hears of concrete interest from a premier league club (not just vague speculation). If a club comes in for him in January it could pique his interest, especially if palace are looking at just a mid-table finish. He may not want to leave today (though I imagine like most footballers at this level he dreams of making it to the premiership as soon as possible, whether with his current team of via a transfer), but when he knows there is an offer for him, that a particular premier league club wants him and have made an offer, he will likely want to go (depending on the team, of course).

Maybe he'll reach an agreement with the palace to stay until the end of the season, like bennett did with us, but what would be the purpose? With Bennett he was helping us win promotion, if we were looking at a mid table finish last year, I doubt he would have hung around.

Sorry, I mis-read your point. But mine still stands. He is getting regular first team football week in week out with us and he is also settled in the area with his friends and family. At 19, he can still go to the Prem in a year or two and have a 15 year career there. He also has the semi final and a possible Wembley final to look forward to and a possible play off place with us at the end of the season. I honestly doubt he is that keen on leaving in January. In a year, if we are not making significant progress then there is no doubt he will want out. But I think if we can keep the nucleus of this team together and allow the youngsters another years development, then we can really look to challenge next year.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Er it wasn't though was it? Most neautrals said we were well worth the win, even Fergie.

You on the other hand have scored 2 last min goals to win games, and have had a last min pen missed to get a win instead of a draw game, that's 6 points in total.

How about last-minute goals to drop two points against both Leeds and Blackpool. As others have said your winner against United was actually offside - lots of things can be construed as luck in football, but a linesman getting such a decision wrong is the definition of it.

You're basically saying that when something positive happens to the Albion near the end of a game it is luck - I bet you wouldn't be calling us unlucky if something negative happened, it would be down to our poor play.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
How about last-minute goals to drop two points against both Leeds and Blackpool. As others have said your winner against United was actually offside - lots of things can be construed as luck in football, but a linesman getting such a decision wrong is the definition of it.

You're basically saying that when something positive happens to the Albion near the end of a game it is luck - I bet you wouldn't be calling us unlucky if something negative happened, it would be down to our poor play.

Fair points, I forgot Blackpool. Bloody hell, you have been involved in more than your fair share of last minute dramas this season! Suppose Ambrose and Murray goals at the Amex should be added as well! (sorry, couldn't resist)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Fair points, I forgot Blackpool. Bloody hell, you have been involved in more than your fair share of last minute dramas this season! Suppose Ambrose and Murray goals at the Amex should be added as well! (sorry, couldn't resist)

I actually forgot about that one - seems I've wiped it from my memory!

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Sorry, I mis-read your point. But mine still stands. He is getting regular first team football week in week out with us and he is also settled in the area with his friends and family. At 19, he can still go to the Prem in a year or two and have a 15 year career there. He also has the semi final and a possible Wembley final to look forward to and a possible play off place with us at the end of the season. I honestly doubt he is that keen on leaving in January. In a year, if we are not making significant progress then there is no doubt he will want out. But I think if we can keep the nucleus of this team together and allow the youngsters another years development, then we can really look to challenge next year.

Pie in the sky if you think a talented young footballer truly gives a damn about a middling championship teams potential to progress, when the premier league moneymen come calling with promises of glory... etc

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Oh dear. The wheels on the 'Dougie Buggy' really are coming off :lolol:

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

You're right, he'll stay just like Bostock and Moses.... oh.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
:lolol:

You got all excited after the win over the footballing giants that are BARNSLEY but normal service has resumed! Is Gus gonna go home now? :tantrum:

Shocking news just coming through for Crystal Palace fans , reports suggest that selhurst will turned into a library and the club will relocate in the somewhere borough of Greenwich , early reports are suggesting this may even happen as early as next season .

Ha-Ha%20Road.jpg

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Cracking result last night boys:D

And Murray's barren streak looking for league goals continues! We did warn you about this element of his game. He's almost certain to develop a recurrence of a mysterious injury soon and bottle out of it for a few games. Next up for palace are Forest, more potential for humiliation!

D

Deleted member 22389

:lolol:

You got all excited after the win over the footballing giants that are Barnsley but normal service has resumed! Is Gus gonna go home now? :tantrum:

Classic. One reason why you should never big your team up on someone elses forum :lol:

Barnsley 2 - 1 Crystal Palace, enough said!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cracking result last night boys:D

And Murray's barren streak looking for league goals continues! We did warn you about this element of his game. He's almost certain to develop a recurrence of a mysterious injury soon and bottle out of it for a few games. Next up for palace are Forest, more potential for humiliation!

Palace to feel the Forest backlash for our smash and grab. It couldn't have been set up better!!

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011

Possible play off place ???

What the duck ???

You can't even see where your next league win is going to come from and you mention play off place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports