Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The only point I take with that video, where Simon Jordan says Tony Bloom has spent 400 million to get Brighton where we are in comparison to Palace. He says that no-one at Palace has that amount to spend to reach a similar level to us.

He failed to point out that a significant amount of that 400 million was spent on our stadium and training facilities. Jordan says that whilst in the Premier League Palace have only spent approx 340 million. He indicated 9 years at an average of 30 million and one year 70 million on players.

Palace fans love deluding themselves by saying Bloom spent X amount to buy success but like you say fail to mention the vast majority of that money was spent on facilities not players.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
As I heard on a podcast earlier, it is astonishing that Mark Hughes has never managed Palace!
Football Cliches, if it’s not the one you’re referring to (as I haven’t caught the latest!), would probably do a good “feels like they should’ve managed Palace but somehow haven’t” feature.

Steve Bruce only had a brief spell in 2001 but would’ve been right at home nestled between Holloway and Pulis more recently.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Football Cliches, if it’s not the one you’re referring to (as I haven’t caught the latest!), would probably do a good “feels like they should’ve managed Palace but somehow haven’t” feature.

Steve Bruce only had a brief spell in 2001 but would’ve been right at home nestled between Holloway and Pulis more recently.
It was Football Cliches (what a great podcast that is by the way!).

They did a can't believe they didn't play for 'eleven' today. It was brilliant and obviously Hughes/Palace was chosen as the manager :lolol:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When the Albion were promoted the club owed TB £190m and this had increased to £406m by 2022, so that’s £216m from Sir Tony since reaching the PL, of which about £50m is infrastructure spend on property.

Attachments

• IMG_2787.jpeg
    IMG_2787.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2790.jpeg
    IMG_2790.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DAEB295A-9D17-4019-BA83-B6911EA8A911.jpeg
    DAEB295A-9D17-4019-BA83-B6911EA8A911.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 116

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I didn’t think I could get any more joy from the Albion at the moment, my Albion mojo is already at a 10 out of 10. But hearing Palace moan and moan about their club and how it is being run and then saying why can’t we do what Brighton are doing, is like a very big cherry on the best cake you have ever tasted. It’s Marvellous :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace fans love deluding themselves by saying Bloom spent X amount to buy success but like you say fail to mention the vast majority of that money was spent on facilities not players.
Yet without pausing for breath, then go onto say:-

'wny aren't we spending X to buy success?'

In fairness if palace played Marseille, Ajax and Athens before us, I'd be absolutely broken.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Why would he let them terminate the contract?
They will have had to come to a mutual agreement for termination. For example if they owed him £10m on the remainder of his contract, he might accept £7.5m and the ability to find a new team immediately to have those new wages too.

Also from Palaces point of view, if they terminate his contract it would just be the base amount of his salary that they would have to pay. It wouldn't include any performance bonuses, appearance bonuses, achievement bonuses etc so would work out cheaper.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
When the Albion were promoted the club owed TB £190m and this had increased to £406m by 2022, so that’s £216m from Sir Tony since reaching the PL, of which about £50m is infrastructure spend on property.

Is the phrase ‘payable on demand’ at all significant? Does that essentially mean TB can decide to take as much or as little back each year?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok, Palace are 14th….but when you look at the table, there are only really two teams that they could honestly say they “should” be above - Bournemouth and Fulham. And there’s an argument to say that normally Everton would be ahead of them (and surely will be soon, more points deductions notwithstanding).
So they are pretty much where a team of Palace’s size, standing, etc should aspire to. And I guess if they were playing decent, attacking football most at Selhurst would (or should) be happy.
The problem they have is not so much the league position, it’s the crap football - and the relative success of BHAFC.
How much would it be? Could get an nsc whip-round for that I’m sure. The lady who got the Reading one may know a rough cost..?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here