Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CP supporters are not ALL Arseholes...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Unfortunately, the reality described in this thread doesn't apply to the absolute scum on twitter. A thread yesterday about why Dunk hasn't been picked by Southgate in recent years was polluted by a Palace fan's tweet giving "she said no" as the reason. I explained the facts once again with the result that he copied my twitter profile Pic and tweeted it with a comment that I was also a sex offender. Some people are just vile and live in Croydon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like their club, but I don't mind most of the fans I meet. In fact, I only seem to meet the nice ones. I guess I'm never in the right places to meet the ultras.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
One of the guys I enjoy talking to most in the office is a Palace fan. The other is a Brentford fan. Both season ticket holders and both know their football.

Would much rather talk to someone who goes regularly than someone who picked their team as a kid, due to success and has been to seen them play less than I’ll see Brighton play in the month of April.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My brother-in-law is a Man U follower since the days of Bestie and a Palace fan the rest of the time who insists on wearing his Palace badge on his jacket whenever we see him. But he's a twat!

Reactions: cjd

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to work with a Palace fan who was an alright bloke, bit of a poser, but was a genuine fan who went to most games. We'd exchange the usual type of "banter" emails with some gentle ribbing. That all changed one day when I quite innocuously emailed him "Happy Cantona Day" on whatever date it was. He replied going in off the deep end, saying something along the lines of "piss off you prick, a Palace fan was murdered because of that".

I said something like "it had nothing to do with it, but if you actually believe thats why I mentioned it, then there's only one prick in this conversation". And that was the end of that (he left not long after, although I'm sure this exchange was not part of it). Some of them seem OBSESSED with directly linking the two incidents. Thats classic arseholery.

I agree with the sentiment on here though. The majority of them are alright, in 'real life' at least. There are some absolute CHOMPERS online though.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Black Cab driver from Victoria to our hotel when me & the family went up the smoke for the weekend couple of weeks ago was Palace. My nipper had his Albion coat on & he spotted it straight away, so banter ensued. Had a good chat about how brilliant Brighton are, but means nothing when we face his lot.
I always tip cabbies, but he was having none of it; fair play.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One of them I know admits since RDZ we have gone up a level and to be fair to her says she would love to see us in Europe.
The worst example of a Palace fan I’ve ever seen was a time we clashed in Victoria after our perspective away games. This idiot was with his wife and kid and was literally foaming at the mouth in anger even other Palace were like really mate 😂

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Regard the ' Greedy Six ' as the enemy. Dislike each and every one of them with a passion. Fck em. All of them. Palace didn't want to wreck our great game forever in the pursuit of greed. They are ok. Just a rivalry borne out of certain circumstances. Not geographically motivated. There are 13 league clubs closer to Palace than us. It has an atmosphere, a frisson about it but it isn't the be all and end all. Those of us who pre-date the start of the rivalry don't get it as much as younger generations. My son is far more passionate about it than I am.
Still want to win on Wednesday after the trauma/robbery at Selhurst.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Unfortunately, the reality described in this thread doesn't apply to the absolute scum on twitter. A thread yesterday about why Dunk hasn't been picked by Southgate in recent years was polluted by a Palace fan's tweet giving "she said no" as the reason. I explained the facts once again with the result that he copied my twitter profile Pic and tweeted it with a comment that I was also a sex offender. Some people are just vile and live in Croydon.
Don't go anywhere near Twatter is the answer, a different breed post on there - I'll bet he wouldn't say it to your face!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not that I've ever met one but it kind of makes sense that supporting one club rather than another does not automatically make you a worse human being than someone supporting the other club.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I used to work with a Palace fan who was an alright bloke, bit of a poser, but was a genuine fan who went to most games. We'd exchange the usual type of "banter" emails with some gentle ribbing. That all changed one day when I quite innocuously emailed him "Happy Cantona Day" on whatever date it was. He replied going in off the deep end, saying something along the lines of "piss off you prick, a Palace fan was murdered because of that".

I said something like "it had nothing to do with it, but if you actually believe thats why I mentioned it, then there's only one prick in this conversation". And that was the end of that (he left not long after, although I'm sure this exchange was not part of it). Some of them seem OBSESSED with directly linking the two incidents. Thats classic arseholery.

I agree with the sentiment on here though. The majority of them are alright, in 'real life' at least. There are some absolute CHOMPERS online though.
We have had this again only recently with eaglesdan on another thread. Spouting complete and utter nonsense. Not only over Cantona's hilarious kung fu kicking of the racist Simmonds, but also over their abuse of Dunk. Then look at Dougie the homophobe and the shit he has posted on here.

Arseholes.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not all, but most.

Can we agree on that?
No, no we can't.

We can take the piss out of them and expect to get it returned.

My loathing of the Top 6 teams is based on their way of attempting to destroy the PL, purely to make even more money. Palace, for all their faults didn't do that.

Although the thought of them being Top 6 is absolute fantasy! :lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Worked with a few when I worked in Crawley and would much rather chat football with them than with the plastic ManU/Arsenal/Liverpool fans, most of whom seemed to think of all other teams as somehow inferior.
I remember when the Amex opened I was chatting with one feller and he said "That's a nice stadium, for sure, but I still prefer Selhurst; it might be a shithole but it's our shithole". Decent bloke, missed his sisters wedding because Palace were at Wembley.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone who was at Selhurst this season will know that the next generation are coming along nicely. Young kids taking pens at half time and both the Brighton & Palace kids mimicked their heroes with their celebrations. But at the same time the opposition fans applauded their antics.
But at the end of the day we are both teams that will never win the league and just plod on.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My boss is a Palace fan and one of the nicest blokes I have ever known. ST holder and goes to a few away games.

I also work with plenty of people who support the so called top 6 and never go anywhere near a stadium. Much rather chat with with my guvnor about Footie.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My Stepbrothers are Palace.

To be fair one of them thinks it’s funny to make gay “jokes” etc.
All rather tiresome but he’s a bit of a Neanderthal in general.

Other one is one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. We have a good natured dig at each other but prefer to discuss football in general rather than focus on the silly rivalry.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here