Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I disagree. I think the current approach is working good enough and quite rightly should be regarded as the new normal. We could have lost a predicted 500,000 lives if it wasn't for this new way of living we've taken on. Let's embrace it rather than dreaming of old ways which lead us here.

It's an emergency response to an emergency. Which will end. That's a fact. Stay indoors if you like, not for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We can't just pretend Covid is going to disappear. It's not.

No, but post-vaccine it’ll be just another thing we control, like flu. It’ll continue to kill (like flu) but for the vast majority it’ll be a history lesson or a brilliant study in pandemic management/virology

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We can't just pretend Covid is going to disappear. It's not.

Or become like Polio, Spanish Flu, Ebola, SARS.

Due to medical advances and possibly small changes in public/personal health, it won’t dominate life forever.

After the short term of possibly 2021, I think [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] may be correct.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
No, but post-vaccine it’ll be just another thing we control, like flu. It’ll continue to kill (like flu) but for the vast majority it’ll be a history lesson or a brilliant study in pandemic management/virology

but what if it keeps mutating?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh come on. This new way of living isn't that bad. We can all still get to watch football on the TV, play computer games online and flick on Netflix. It's not like we're being starved from life. More importantly, we will forever be much better prepared for the next killer virus to come along. Surely making society safer is enough reason for this to be the new normal and for everyone to live by these new rules in the future even after the vaccines? What would be the point of all this if we just go back to the old ways where we know a new killer virus could deplete our nation once again?

For now I'll do you the politeness of pointing out that you are very wrong and that you are clearly responding elsewhere, but you have not answered my question about Dom, which I find puzzling and rude.

Meanwhile, all your posts seem to be about Covid and politics. Any chance you'll be posting about the Albion any time soon? Who was your favourite player and why? Do you think we'll stay up under Potter?

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Or become like Polio, Spanish Flu, Ebola, SARS.

Due to medical advances and possibly small changes in public/personal health, it won’t dominate life forever.

After the short term of possibly 2021, I think [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] may be correct.

And fingers crossed that will be the case, but we have to always be ready for the next virus after this, so going back to the freedoms we once had would be potential suicide for future generations. What do we do if another virus strikes and we're doing exactly what we were before? Repeat this all over again? I really don't think/hope we'll be that naive to let everyone back to the old ways which enabled viruses to spread like they have.

D

Deleted member 2719

You could have chosen to have no grandparents. It wasn’t compulsory.

Sorry but I didn't feel the need to give the detail, but it appears I need to.

Don't worry I am clinically sterile. I care for my parents they had been nowhere for months and I and my family had not been anywhere either.

So it was a no brainer, if anyone had been mixing at all we would have had no qualms to call it.

It's quite logical as the government have said since day one, stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.

We will continue to do that.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
For now I'll do you the politeness of pointing out that you are very wrong and that you are clearly responding elsewhere, but you have not answered my question about Dom, which I find puzzling and rude.

Meanwhile, all your posts seem to be about Covid and politics. Any chance you'll be posting about the Albion any time soon? Who was your favourite player and why? Do you think we'll stay up under Potter?

My favourite player was probably Bas Savage for the hair style and goal celebration. It's obvious we'll stay up with Potter. We just need to show some patience, after all, he's not even been here for 2 seasons yet.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

It has got to be a joke account. Person is a deluded idiot.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Schools apparently. Lots of parents claiming they are key workers. One primary in Yorkshire had 200 in after preparing for 40. Those parents are the definition of Covidiots. Another example of the failure of Libertarian trusting people to do the right thing.
What you don’t believe mums work in supermarkets :facepalm:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Maybe for most of 2021 and some cautionary measures for a couple of years after but forever? Nah, never going to happen. Things will be back to normal very quickly.

Of course they will once cautionary measures are over as you say. I think Diallo must be on something to seriously believe things will just stay like this forever

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My favourite player was probably Bas Savage for the hair style and goal celebration. It's obvious we'll stay up with Potter. We just need to show some patience, after all, he's not even been here for 2 seasons yet.

Top research.

What's your take on Dom defying the rules and encouraging reckless behaviour from the masses. You must be fuming?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here